Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro offline snd wont connect!!!!

Discussion stats
foxcyfinds
Tutor
Tutor
Like many other users today...

my Arlo pro system has been offline all day. I have rebooted router, unplugged arlo base station, and even reset everything numerous times

the base station connects and all lights are green. when I check status from app or even arlo arlo website I keep getting system disconnected messages.

I would very much like to get this thing working.
87 REPLIES 87
Ddunn007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ya me too!! When I uninstalled I didn’t know it was a netgear issue. Did I mention they need to fix this???
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're still having an issue, consider factory resetting your base station. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices and remove the base station. After it has been removed,  go back to your account main screen (Devices) and click "Add Device". Select base station and follow the on screen instructions. If you're having trouble discovering the device, you may need to manually factory reset the base by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Also be sure the device you are using to add the base station to your account is connected to the same network as the base station.  

JamesC

racer927
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC - there's no option to remove the base station. That button only shows for the cameras.

racer927
Tutor
Tutor

I also tried a factory reset but still no change. On the base station after it re-booted, the left light is solid green, middle light is blinking green, and right light is solid yellow.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @Ddunn007 and @racer927,

If you have performed a factory reset on the base station you will also need to remove the base station from your Arlo account to completely reset the system. You will then need to Add Device from the Devices tab. Provided you are connected to the same WiFi network as the base station you should then be able to "reclaim" it. Please note: You will need to resync your cameras as well! If these steps do not resolve the issue please send me a private messages with your contact information and I'll reach out to you directly.

Best Regards,

Christine  

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
mikki
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine started working right yesterday evening. Apparently the engineering team found the issue and resolved it.
Ddunn007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Factory reset and a firmware update got my system back online. I did have to re-sync every camera but at least it all works again!! Thanks everyone

sobolewskis1
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, factory re-set finally gave me the blinking orange lights and was able to install base, followed by cameras. Glad it started working again! Hopefully stays back to normal for good. Have a good weekend all.
57har
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive been having these problems for the last couple of days with my arlo pro camera system and base station. The base station has been rebooted and i have disconnected the power for a minute or more to try and reset the base.  The lights start amber and eventually the power light and the wifi light go back to green but the third light (camera sync light) just stays amber or orange?? I was told that this indicates a communication problem between the the cameras and the base and therefore the internet. Support said there is interferance or i may have to strengthen my wifi signal? I did not have this issue for the first month of using this system so why all of the sudden? This all seemed to have happened a couple days ago??  It seems as tho there are several things going on at netgears end...imo....I just cant get my cameras to link up with the base staion in full strength although they are still working and recording? Im confused and disappointed after spending all the money on this system and 10 cameras!. I hope someone can shed some light on this communication issue and orange base station light!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solid amber Camera LED is an indication that the base needs to be claimed. Try removing it from Settings, My Devices and use the Add Device button to add it back in.

foxcyfinds
Tutor
Tutor
Sucks that the consumer of the system is at mercy of the Arlo engineering department. Alro does nothing until 1-2 days of people complaining before they acctualy aknowladge they have an issue on their end. If this is the norm for Alro I will be finding another solution..
Elise
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am exhausted with this cameras.  Sometimes all of them are off line, now only one of them is out of line. I have already plug in and out check internet connections etc.

Four weeks ago I was almost hit by a car, and I needed that incident recorded, but all cameras were off line.  What is wrong?  I have spent so much time and money for this.

I am very sad and dissapointed in the product.

Ddunn007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try removing devices and reinstalling them.  It’s a pain but that’s what worked for me, you will have to re-sync all the cameras with the base station.