Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an older Arlo Pro system with a VMB4000r3 base station and five cameras.
Given the recent EOL announcement, if I sign up for an Arlo Secure subscription plan, will that leave my system functioning as it is now, or might I still lose any functionality?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Loss of functionality is a tough one since a subscription gets you cloud recordings and other features but your devices won't be getting any updates. That could lead to a loss of functionality over time but no idea how much time that would be.

Personally, if I didn't want to buy new equipment and wanted to keep using my current system, the subscription is by far the easiest and cheapest thing to do.

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not too concerned about firmware updates and such, since frankly, I can't remember the last time I received one anyway. It's just that I want to be able to continue to see cloud recordings and receive notifications. The system still works fine, and I don't want to have to scrap it just yet.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jam436 wrote:

Given the recent EOL announcement, if I sign up for an Arlo Secure subscription plan, will that leave my system functioning as it is now, or might I still lose any functionality?

The email I received indicated that because I had a subscription already, that my cameras would continue to operate as they do now.  I understand that to mean that there will be no immediate loss of services.  However, since there will be no more firmware updates, eventually there could be a loss of functionality.