Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tdub4
Tutor
Tutor

I recently added a 5th camera to my Arlo Pro setup and this one is located under outside of the garage door on the eave of the roof. When it was first put in, the picture was fine and the connectivity was solid. Now (about a month later), I am getting mostly a frozen picture and pixelation on the very rare times it seems to connect.

I havent added any new electronics that would cause any interference, havent moved the base and I have taken another camera out there and got the same result. Any idea on why this would happen?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Interference doesn't necessarily have to come from u....

it is a wifi device and it can come from neighbors, microwaves,etc

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Tdub4
Tutor
Tutor

Good point. Am I out of luck or are there any settings I could tweak possibly? I am not seeing anything obvious but thought I would ask.

TIA

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Temporarily move the camera closer to the base or swap cameras around to see if the issue follows the position or the camera.

Tdub4
Tutor
Tutor

It appears to be the positioning because it is better when closer to the base and, when swapped with another camera, I get the same result.

that being said, I just saw a link about a range extender....has anyone had luck with these? My current position of the base unit is the best I can do right now without something like an extender.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Many use extenders to relocate the base ... as long as it has an ethernet port.

Or if you have a second base, you can truely expand the camera coverage with the second base and an extender.

( link the cameras to the closest base )

btw, they will have separate modes, schedules, etc  which can help or hurt based on the user .

Morse is faster than texting!