• 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JohnCCC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have few question about this model arlo pro model :

1) If I sync one time the camera and the base and after some days I have power off electricty and then power on , the camera that 10 meter far a way from the base station will automatic will sync with base station or I need to get the camera again and close it to base station and click "SYNC" buttons and after that bring back the camera far a way? 

2) If my iphone and the base station connect to the same router that has connect to ISP internet and some how the internet ISP goes down but still I have connection in my LAN between the Iphone and base station , I can still see live streaming in the app from the camera ,although the internet itself not working because the ISP ?

3) I am live on building , if I on 6th floor that it is about 10 meter from the 1th floor that I have warehouse , I can sync the camera on the warehouse with base that place on my apartment in this 10 meter range ?

4) On Arlo Pro camera I can mute the MIC via the camera or only via the App on Iphone ?

5) The Arlo pro camera vs Arlo  - which battery stay much longer before recharge / replace battery ?

6)  I can recharge the camera and it still working or when I plug the power to recharge the camera it automatic goes down ?

7) in Arlo pro I can choose if I want to recharge or put batteries like Arlo regular or I only can recharge without replace to regular batteries ?

https://www.amazon.de/Netgear-VMS4230-100EUS-wiederaufladbare-HD-%C3%9Cberwachungs-Kamera-Sicherheit...

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
JohnCCC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Someone could help me with this question pleasE?

spewak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gutentag:

1) Camera will resync. Arlo's are pretty good about that.

2) No. I believe you need the Wifi to view live streaming.

3) You will see the wifi strength in the camera that is furthest away from the Base station 10 meters? 32 ft. Should find the signal. You might have to re-adjust camera for signal strenth.

4) Muting is done via the app either on phone or website login.

5) Arlo Pro here...battery life not the best, certainly not what they are advertising, not by a long shot.

6) You can plug in and recharge or remove battery and replace with fully charged one. If you remove battery, no camera.

7) see 6

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

JohnCCC wrote:

1) If I sync one time the camera and the base and after some days I have power off electricty and then power on , the camera that 10 meter far a way from the base station will automatic will sync with base station or I need to get the camera again and close it to base station and click "SYNC" buttons and after that bring back the camera far a way? 

The camera should reconnect automatically.  There have been reports that sometimes you have to resync the camera but that's not normal.  Also, the issue of turning the base off or losing power can be an issue for battery life since the camera tries to connect to the base which won't respond.  If this is the case, opening the battery cover would be a good idea.  If it's only briefly, there's no such issue, just for long periods of time.

JohnCCC wrote:

2) If my iphone and the base station connect to the same router that has connect to ISP internet and some how the internet ISP goes down but still I have connection in my LAN between the Iphone and base station , I can still see live streaming in the app from the camera ,although the internet itself not working because the ISP ?

No, you can't see the stream or any recordings since this is all done through the remote servers.  However, if enabled and a USB drive is present, recordings will still be recorded onto the USB drive.  You would have to remove the drive from the base to be able to see the videos - you can't access them through the network.

JohnCCC wrote:

3) I am live on building , if I on 6th floor that it is about 10 meter from the 1th floor that I have warehouse , I can sync the camera on the warehouse with base that place on my apartment in this 10 meter range ?

Maybe.  It depends on the construction of the walls, ceilings, floors, etc. that the signal has to pass through.  The maximum range is 100 meters but that's in a perfect world and would have nothing to interfere with the signal.  You'd have to test to see if it would work for you.  Placement of both the camera and base could affect this - try to have as few obstacles between them as possible (maybe have the base sitting on a window ledge where the line of sight is clear).

JohnCCC wrote:

4) On Arlo Pro camera I can mute the MIC via the camera or only via the App on Iphone ?

Only via the app or browser.

JohnCCC wrote:

5) The Arlo pro camera vs Arlo  - which battery stay much longer before recharge / replace battery ?

About the same but will depend on signal strength as well as how much recording and live viewing.  Long-term testing hasn't been done since it's still new.

JohnCCC wrote:

6)  I can recharge the camera and it still working or when I plug the power to recharge the camera it automatic goes down ?

The camera will continue to work but if you have to take it down to recharge then it will be monitoring wherever you are charging it.  If you have power nearby, you could take the camera down, plug it in and replace the camera on the mount.  Note that the power connector can be an issue with mounting so you may need to use a specific mount to make this work.  Also note that neither the power connection nor the power supply are weatherproof so you'd need to be indoors or provide protection.

JohnCCC wrote:

7) in Arlo pro I can choose if I want to recharge or put batteries like Arlo regular or I only can recharge without replace to regular batteries ?

I' not sure exactly hwat you're asking. You can run the camera without the battery using the USB charger.  You can also leave the battery in and also run off the USB charger so the camera would continue to work on loss of power.  To recharge the battery, you have to leave the battery in the camera although a separate charger will be coming out so you could have a spare battery ready to go when a camera needs to be recharged.

JohnCCC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much, for both of you about the answer .

I have question about this :

"The camera should reconnect automatically.  There have been reports that sometimes you have to resync the camera but that's not normal.  Also, the issue of turning the base off or losing power can be an issue for battery life since the camera tries to connect to the base which won't respond.  If this is the case, opening the battery cover would be a good idea.  If it's only briefly, there's no such issue, just for long periods of time."

if I resync the camera and the base one time and after that power off the base station about one or two week or even more and power on again the base station ( while all this time the camera is power on only the base station I power off ) it has to resync manually with the camera or it will be automatic and I don't have to get the camera and press resync ?

(I am talking about base station of original Arlo and base station of Arlo pro , which one can do that and which one can't or both of them I need to resync manually in the camera ? )

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Both should resync automatically but battery life on both is the issue. Don't turn off the base without removing the batteries. A better alternative is to simply set the mode to Disarmed.
JohnCCC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks,

what do "mode to Disarmed" ?

and I do that because I don't want the wifi on always , I want to turn on when somebody on the door and turn on the system.

how much the battery of the camera will stay if I turn on the base station once on two week or more and turn off and so on ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe you don't understand how the system works (or I don't understand the question).

The cameras and base only remain in contact with each other using very little power when there's no recording going on.  If motion is detected, the camera will then turn on and start recording according to the rules you have active and then return to its low-power sleep mode.  If you turn the base off, none of this works.

So, it seems like you just want to record when someone's at the door.  No problem - just make sure you're using the Armed mode or one that you've made.  Use the Mode tab, click on your base and verify that you have an appropriate mode selected (you can also use the schedule if desired).  The Disarmed mode is also there - use it when you want to leave the system running but not record anything. Battery usage when disarmed is exactly like when armed but not recording - batteries will last many months (nearly a year) if there's no activity.

JohnCCC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks,

on Disarmed mode the wifi on the base station and camera not always transmit ? ( I don't want the wifi always work on my home when I don't need it , I talk about the radiation of the wifi )

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The radiation is pretty much the least of your problems. However, if you want to shut the base down to prevent this, also remove the batteries to keep them from running down.
JohnCCC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks,

why does the radiation is pretty much the lease of you my problem ?

That is the problem if I remove the batteries and someone front the door and I want to know who is it , I want to turn on the base but the battery of the camera removed and I need to go outside and connect them and in that case I can't do that when I want to see someone out there front my door .

lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't know where you are but pretty everywhere I go there are anywhere between 3 to 20 wifi signals I could see on my phone.   You can turn your wifi off but your neighbors' wifi will hit you unless you don't have anyone within 1000+ feet.   And then there are cell towers around.  I think cell phone radiation is much stronger than wifi.   Since you are going to be hit by radiation anyway, might as well enjoy the benefits of having your own security system. 😉

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Because there's so many other radiation emitters in this world and maybe in your house.  Your modem and router, especially if a WiFi one, are emitting signals as are computers, TVs, phones, microwave ovens, etc., etc.  Living near power lines introduces low-frequency radiation.  It's pretty much impossible to minimize and live in the modern world.  Of all the things wrong in the world, this is low on the list.  In my opinion, of course.

It takes ~2 minutes for the base to boot up and make connections.  How effective is that for seeing who is at the door?  A peephole would be better.  That said, the Q cameras could possibly be mounted indoors in a way to be able to see the action and alert you while using your existing WiFi (unless you don't use WiFi for the radiation issue) or the Q+ which can use PoE (power over Ethernet) so everything is on the cable.

Maybe Arlo simply isn't the way for you to go?

JohnCCC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much , sorry for delay.

Do you have pinhole solution with wifi to the door ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't nor does Arlo.  It was a rhetorical observation.