Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
edwardchung00
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the battery and use the power supply instead (leave the camera indoors).  If it still has the problem, it's the camera.  The camera shouldn't be warm, just at the ambient temperature.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What are your internet connection speeds?

edwardchung00
Aspirant
Aspirant
Between 5Mbps to 12Mbps but another two camera is fine, offline camera is close to base station about 6m.
edwardchung00
Aspirant
Aspirant
My internet connection is NBN
edwardchung00
Aspirant
Aspirant
When my camera offline, I try to pull out the battery and put in back to reset just know the battery is low, when I fully charged the battery on 23/7/2017 night.
On 24/7/2017 afternoon the camera offline again, when I do again reset the battery was 44% (I can feel the warm for whole camera), is it the battery problem or the camera fault?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the battery and use the power supply instead (leave the camera indoors).  If it still has the problem, it's the camera.  The camera shouldn't be warm, just at the ambient temperature.

edwardchung00
Aspirant
Aspirant
All cameras installed indoor, if the camera still feel warm can I still get the warranty? I just bought the Arlo Pro Three Camera system two weeks ago.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Warranty, as stated in the literature, is 1 year. You may also be able to swap at the store.

edwardchung00
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay, thanks.
So am I need to swap whole system or just that camera?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Normally, if you buy the system as a kit, you have to exchange the whole system in store. Netgear may be able to do a single camera for you though

Porkchopusn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem with second Arlo Pro package. Bad batteries? All show 0%
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Possible but unlikely. Try powering a camera with the power supply to see if that makes a difference. You may need to reset the base by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.