Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Ribbon cable

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
punchdrunked
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey,

Has anyone had any issues with the ribbon cable coming unstuck. Mine has and its an absoulte nightmare trying to plug it back in. I'm thinking I might have to unscrew parts of the camera to gain access, or should I simply send it back to Netgear for a replacement or repair.

Any guidance and help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support.

punchdrunked
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.

Support are taking for ever to respond to my query. It is odd that the ribbon cable can become detached without an easier way of plugging it back in.

Any suggestions welcome

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you're referring to the USB cable. It can be tricky plugging it in but shouldn't be that difficult to do with a little patience. Do you have more than on camera? If so, is it an issue with a second camera? If the cable or camera connector is physically damaged only a replacement will work.

You can also use your case to respond again to try to get their attention.

punchdrunked
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your contribution. No, there is a 6 strand ribbon cable inside the camera, that leads from the back on the caera (where the magnet is) to a plug inside and to the bottom of the main body of the camera. Mine has come away and I'm finding it very difficult re-attaching it.

I've been holding for upto 30 minutes on the phone without much luck. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

Thanks