Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Dustin278
Apprentice
Apprentice

After numerous restarts my VMB4000r3 Base is stuck on 1.11.9.0_26520  -  should be 

Arlo Base Station VMB3010/VMB4000 - 1.12.0.1_27940

• Bug Fixes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Maybe a complete reset on the back of your Base and resync all cams can help? I know it's a PITA but sometimes when all things failed maybe it can help as a last option.. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
EKS
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having the same problem.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Does it show updates available under devices settings? It certainly should. Sometimes a roll out just does not work for everyone. Other than that perhaps there is an account problem on the backend.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Maybe a complete reset on the back of your Base and resync all cams can help? I know it's a PITA but sometimes when all things failed maybe it can help as a last option.. 

EKS
Tutor
Tutor
There is nothing listed under updates. I tried restarting the base and that didn’t help. So I may have to try a reset.
Dustin278
Apprentice
Apprentice

Looks like my last resort is to do a full reset then re-sync all my cameras.. what a PITA

Dustin278
Apprentice
Apprentice

Complete reset was the fix but what a pain!!

EKS
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the update! I’m going to give it a try. Any words of wisdom? Did you just push the rest button?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. Remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh, claiming the base and then syncing the camera.

EKS
Tutor
Tutor

Will I be able to sign back into my account without creating a new one? I’m on the Arlo Smart Premier Plan. Thanks so much.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The account itself isn't affected, just the hardware.

EKS
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks so much! I’m going to brave the waters tomorrow. I’ll check back in with the results.

Dustin278
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah I reset the base using a paperclip and holding for about 10 seconds - waited a few minutes for base to boot back up and then started adding all my camera's + doorbell via Arlo app.. Up and down ladders to get all my cameras.

EKS
Tutor
Tutor
I’m not looking forward to that!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a pain but the end result can be worth it. One tip - if you have a second person to help, position one at the base to press the sync button and the second going to each camera. Depending on the signal strength, the first person can briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it) and let the second person know to press the camera sync button with the camera in place. I do this all the time with 100% success but can't guarantee that level for everyone else. It solves the need to take the camera down to sync and then have to reposition it.

YMMV.

EKS
Tutor
Tutor
Reset my base added my cameras and everything updated as it should. Thanks everyone for your help!