Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DCWatch
Follower
Follower

A car was just broken into outside of my house in the field of view of my Arlo Pro camera.  Despite having it plugged into an outlet for continuous operation, I have no recording of the criminal because my system needed an Adobe Flash update last Friday.  I received no notice of it, and like many, I don't check my system daily. Nevertheless, I can't believe Arlo doesn't have a better software system to prevent this. Batteries can be changed on a regular schedule, but there's no notice prior to an Adobe Flash update.  Not good for a system used for security.  Tremendously frustrating.  When will Arlo upgrade to a new software system?

3 REPLIES 3
szinski
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DCWatch wrote:

A car was just broken into outside of my house in the field of view of my Arlo Pro camera.  Despite having it plugged into an outlet for continuous operation, I have no recording of the criminal because my system needed an Adobe Flash update last Friday.  I received no notice of it, and like many, I don't check my system daily. Nevertheless, I can't believe Arlo doesn't have a better software system to prevent this. Batteries can be changed on a regular schedule, but there's no notice prior to an Adobe Flash update.  Not good for a system used for security.  Tremendously frustrating.  When will Arlo upgrade to a new software system?

Flash has NOTHING to do with your camera's ability to record. Your recordings go to the cloud, from there you can view them on your phone or computer. If you're using Chrome, then you must allow Flash to be used on Arlo's website (click the Lock icon next to the URL, find Flash, and allow it). Otherwise, use the mobile app to view your recordings.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DCWatch wrote:

A car was just broken into outside of my house in the field of view of my Arlo Pro camera.  Despite having it plugged into an outlet for continuous operation, I have no recording of the criminal because my system needed an Adobe Flash update last Friday. 

As @szinski says, that should not disable your recordings.

So, can you tell us why you think that Adobe Flash has got anything to do with your missed episode? It might help us to pin down what really did go wrong.

You might also want to start your own conversation  about this episode, rather than taking a ride on someone else's  query which started months ago. I doubt if the Arlo team is likely to spot your message.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, Flash is only needed for live view and the pan and zoom setting for a camera. As stated above, it has nothing to do with recording or CVR (which you don't say you've subscribed to but suggest that you have due to being plugged in).