Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Batteries drain at 1% per hour without any activity?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
iseeyou2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Both our of cams are now draining the battery at approx 1% per hour without any activity.

We have had Arlo pro for nearly 2 years. This is the worst battery drain we have seen which started about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Was there another software/firmware update which is causing this? I know this happened in the past based on an update. This is really bad this time.

New app and website access are also very poor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iseeyou2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

A day or two after creating this thread, it seems Arlo may have updated (reverted?) some software as the issue has resolved itself and batt drain is back to normal.

However, we have the dark thumbnail problem again. Haha.

Click here for more info...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-NV-IR-slow-to-respond-after-database-crash/m-p/15260...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @iseeyou2018

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Smithajamie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, did you have any luck resolving this? The same thing happened to me and with them being such expensive batteries I’m not going to replace them every month!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Smithajamie

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Smithajamie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
Nothing currently as I’m not a fan of heights so climbing up and down ladders with different methods aren’t my forte. Prefer to see what others have tried and worked. All my software is up to date and using lithium batteries.
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Smithajamie

I would recommend calling customer support to further investigate the issue. I have attached the link here - Arlo Tech Support

iseeyou2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

A day or two after creating this thread, it seems Arlo may have updated (reverted?) some software as the issue has resolved itself and batt drain is back to normal.

However, we have the dark thumbnail problem again. Haha.

Click here for more info...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-NV-IR-slow-to-respond-after-database-crash/m-p/15260...