Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where to turn on "position mode"

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
sivi
Tutor
Tutor

Trying to position my new arlo pro camera using position mode as recommended by the arlo pro user guide.  I cannot find the "position mode" icon to turn it on.  according to manual, I go to "settings", "camera settings", then "position mode".  When I go to "settings", I don't see "camera settings".  I clicked on everything else, but dont see "position mode" anywhere.

10 REPLIES 10
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

From the device tab in the app, tap on the gear next to the camera you want to set, then tap on camera positioning.

sivi
Tutor
Tutor

thanks for your reply, but when i type on the gear icon, i only see:

"Name": number for that particular camera

"camera on/off" 

"battery"

"connection"

"device info"-firmware", hardware", serial #"

"remove device"

I don't see "camera positioning" or "position mode" (i tried with camera off and camera on- still no luck).  I've clicked on everything I can in settings and everywhere else outside of settings.  Still can't cant find anything that says "camera positioning" or "position mode".

steve_t
Master Master
Master

That sounds like the menu when I look via the web browser but I still have the camera positioning option there. Are you using an app? Apple or Android?

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
Are you looked in with admin?
Edit: Never mind you must have it one option is to remove. See screen shot.
If it's not there, I'd power down the hub and restart the app or browser.
sivi
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using my Iphone and also thru web browser on PC.  still can't see it.

sivi
Tutor
Tutor

On mine, i don't see camera LED or any of the audio/video that I see on yours.  I'll try restarting everything but i'll wait till tomorrow.  THanks for your time.  I'll be back tomorrow if I'm still having problems.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's still not there, I'd suggest removing the camera from Settings, My Devices, your camera and resyncing it. Something ain't right.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sidenote ;

Other than to test the cam a few years back, don't think I've ever used that feature...

Just armed the cam and tested with a portable device to see what it sees and detects.. then adjust the sense level as needed up or down.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
sivi
Tutor
Tutor

I think I figured out what's going on.  My son did the intial set-up and made himself administrator and I'm a "guest".  Then he left town and I was to install the cameras outside with the help of my husband.  But as a "guest", it seems I have limited features on my phone.  I'm only able to turn cameras on/off, view & record.  i don't have acess to all the features that the administrator has.  I don't have position mode, can't make audio or sensitiveity adjustments, etc.  I guess, I'll just wait till he gets back!

Thanks everyone, for your input!

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

You can still position the camera's, it's just a little bit more of a delay using live mode, about 3 seconds vs 1.5 seconds. Honestly I positioned all mine from live view. Almost everytime I tried using the positioning mode, it would spin and spin for a long long time, so I just went into live mode and did my thing.