Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What is the Purpose of this System?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Neon_User
Initiate
Initiate

I am trying to understand what the purpose of this system is? About a year ago I purchased an Arlo Pro 5-camera system from Costco for around $700. The packaging boasted all the features the system had, so I thought it would be perfect for my needs. My thought was to place a camera at the front door and have it triggered when someone comes to the door and I can communicate through the built-in speaker. Then I would place the 4 other units around the house.

I carefully mounted the system facing down and to the side of the door. First thing I tried was to set the zones to block out a few small plants that are within the view of the camera. Researched it…can’t do it without power. So much for wireless! I then went out and purchased a solar charger, then tried to get the zones working. Sorry, still no zones without power! I tried for the next 3-weeks to set the sensitivity on the system to stop false alarms, but could not stop them. Also, when I tested the built-in mic and speaker, the sound was barely legible, so that was not going to work either.

So the I turned off the one installed camera and there it sits doing nothing. I then though I would make the most of it and take the system to my office and install the cameras there an use the system to continuously record to a local hard drive and use the video in the event my store has a break in, etc. Researched it…can’t do that either! All these things the packaging boasts about being able to do.

So, I basically have $700 worth of paperweights.

My questions to support is…

1. How to use this "wireless" system to trigger only when someone comes to the door? I have tried every setting there is.
  2. How do I continuously record to a local hard drive?

Thanks, Super Aggravated!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

#2 you can’t do

#1 if you can post a pic of the location, it would help get a better answer...

Also make sure yr adjusting the sense level in the actual mode used to arm the camera, or, see if you can place the cam away from the door facing same to allow a better trigger time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Neon_User
Initiate
Initiate

@TomMac Picture from the camera uploaded.

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pic looks good , tho I might angle a slight bit to eliminate more wall ( near door) 

at night the ir might reflect a bit off same and wash out a little 

what sense level are u using, I usu run about 90-93 percent

Morse is faster than texting!