Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro way too sensitive. Tried changing motion sensitivity. Had it for 6 months.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Amanda1234
Follower
Follower

Hi, 

I have the Arlo Pro Smart Security System with 2 Cameras (VMS4230) and have been using them for about 1.5 years now. In the last 6 months one of the cameras has become essentially useless. It is way too sensitive. I have gone into the mode to change the device setting to have motion sensitivity at 10% but it does not help at all. I have also reduced the window to only look at my porch, but I get notifications constantly. Every time I check the notifications there is often something very very minor that triggers it, for example, if the sun comes out from behind a cloud and there is a little more light on the porch it will go off multiple times. I know it has to be an issue with the camera itself because if I use the second camera in the exact same place with the exact same settings I do not have this problem. 

Does any one have a solution for this? Or a way to get in touch with customer service?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As the sun's angle changes so does the angle of the sun's IR reflected off various objects. Many of us use reduced sensitivity during the day but you've already tried that. Repositioning the camera may be needed to remove areas that are causing this - set it so that it is only looking at the real area of interest (e.g. your door, not the whole yard). Possibly removing and resyncing the camera could help but I doubt it.

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here if you need to.