Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Linus1985
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Just got a Arlo Pro system with 1 camera to start and test with. I will have two cameras outdoors and have looked at the solar panel system (Arlo Pro Solar Panel) instead of nailing a wire. 

The temeratures where i live CAN be really low but I've never seen -20 (I've had -19 tho, so I guess i can be lower than the specifications).
1. What happens with the cameras under -20 degrees celcius? Do they break?

2. The solar panel is listed between 0 to 45 degrees. What happens when it's under? Just that it does not work or that it will actually break? 

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Linus1985,

For safety For safety reasons, your Arlo camera battery cannot charge in temperatures below 32°F (0° C), even if your camera is plugged in. The Arlo Solar Panel also cannot charge your battery at temperatures below freezing.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My cameras have been below -20c and suffered no damage... below -10F a few times outside

( also actually had them in the freezer for testing )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JessicaP wrote:

For safety reasons, your Arlo camera battery cannot charge in temperatures below 32°F (0° C), even if your camera is plugged in. The Arlo Solar Panel also cannot charge your battery at temperatures below freezing.

@Linus1985 : Just to clarify - the cameras won't charge when they are too cold.  That is automatic behavior, there is nothing special you need to do when the temperature drops.  You just leave the panel plugged in, and it will resume charging when the weather warms up.