Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does the Arlo Pro have Activity zones?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RohitS
Initiate
Initiate

HI team,

Does the Arlo Pro support activity zones? i.e. you can specify an area within your view where you would like the Camera to trigger recording when it sense movement.

I thought i had this ability on my Arlo Pro and remeber doing this via the app but cannot find this on the app anymore. Was this removed? Is this only available on Arlo Pro2?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RohitS wrote:

Does the Arlo Pro support activity zones? i.e. you can specify an area within your view where you would like the Camera to trigger recording when it sense movement.

The Pro supports "Cloud Activity Zones", but those require a smart (e.g., paid) subscription. 

Later cameras (including Pro-2 and Ultra) also have local activity zones (processed by the camera, not the cloud) - but those only work if the camera is AC powered.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RohitS wrote:

The Pro supports "Cloud Activity Zones", but those require a smart (e.g., paid) subscription. 

Later cameras (including Pro-2 and Ultra) also have local activity zones (processed by the camera, not the cloud) - but those only work if the camera is AC powered.

Aquilasteve
Tutor
Tutor
Interesting,
I have a basic pro system and have been using activity zones until the last update and separation from Netgear. I wonder why!
RohitS
Initiate
Initiate
I thought I was going mad! I used to have the options and then to select the zone via the app. Why has this functionality been removed? Thanks
Aquilasteve
Tutor
Tutor

No, you are not going mad.   I was trying all sorts of clicking around to see if it was in a different menu!

It would be nice if they honored the previous features and put them back in.

Now you have it, now you don't!

Seems to be all about squeezing the last cent out of people these days.