Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ghartman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to download the new app, and now all of the devices are gone, and will not connect.  The internet light on the base station if OFF, and the light on the router is solid amber.  This is really frustrating.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Internet LED on the base is off, that implies no connection between the router and base. Try rebooting each, in that order. You may also need to swap Ethernet cables and/or router ports.

Ghartman
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat I was mistaken, the internet light on the base station is green, but the router light is solid amber.  I try to add a new device and it cannot be found.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The router LED being amber is normal - it denotes a 100Mbps connection which is what the base supplies.

Try using a browser to see if that differs from what you see using the app.

Ghartman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried the computer the App, rebooted multiple times, plugging the base station in first, re-installed the App, the base station cannot be discovered, but it was fine on the old App.  Is there a way to register the MAC address, or anything?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ghartman wrote:

I tried the computer, the App, rebooted multiple times, plugging the base station in first, re-installed the App, the base station cannot be discovered,

If it's not found at my.arlo.com, then it's not the app - its more likely in the arlo cloud "back end".

You could try removing the offline devices, and then re-add them.  Or try contacting support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Ghartman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't think you understand what I mean, the new app was installed, and now it is not showing that I have anything around, like nothing was ever installed.  I have spent so much time on this system, I am about to throw it in the garbage.  if i have to spend more time on this they are going to have to pay me.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ghartman

Have you deleted the old app & removed > re-installed the new Arlo app?

Ghartman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, multiple times, and I tried it again today, still nothing.  This all came about when the new app was installed, when I first bought the system, it found everything right away, no issues and I used it with the old app.

What is different with the new app?  The setup at my location is 100% the same, no changes.

Ghartman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is a rundown, I am still having no luck adding the base station in the NEW app.

1) Power Light is GREEN SOLID

2) Internet Light is GREEN Blinking

3) Camera light is GREEN SOLID, and I was able to sync the camera looking at the blue light on it.

4) Router LED is AMBER Solid - Is this an issue?

I have deleted, and re-installed the app more times than I can count, and I also made sure the legacy app is gone.

Not sure where to go from here at this point the ARLO system is useless.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ghartman wrote:

4) Router LED is AMBER Solid - Is this an issue?

No.  With most routers, it just means that the device (base station in this case) uses fast ethernet (100 mbit), not gigabit.  That's normal (and fast ethernet is more than fast enough for Arlo).

@Ghartman wrote:

Here is a rundown, I am still having no luck adding the base station in the NEW app.

Not sure where to go from here at this point the ARLO system is useless.

Try using my.arlo.com in a PC, and see if the base shows up there.  Likely it won't - and if it doesn't, perhaps try adding it from the web client.

If that also fails, then you should contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx