Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro on another internet

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Linus1985
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a arlo pro base station + camera. I would need to temporary set it up at my neigbour (way to far for wifi) to monitor if our missing cat is at his place at night, which we think.

Is it possible to connect the camera directly some way?
Do i need internet, and do i need internet over wire?
What happens if i just take my base station and hook it up in his router, will that just work or do i need to reconfig for his wifi? Dont know him really well so dont wanna bother too much, just montitoring live would be good enough while i'm in the car near by or something. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you take your base and camera, it should just be a plug and play setup.... ( should )

The cameras will not hook into his wifi directly.  ( only the Q and baby cam do but they aren't weather resistant )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Linus1985
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac Yea. But. The base station needed lan (for wan?) to be reqonized. Accessing the camera is over wifi or internet. If i take my router without internet and hook it all up i should be able to access my arlo over my lan without internet?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you take a base and camera to your friends house, it should be plug and play.... it would be found on your account.

Yes the base would need Ethernet access to function.

Your other cameras at home are to far away to be found so they would not function

Morse is faster than texting!