Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
NWIllinoisian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Video will not play through Internet Explorer 11 after the Windows update this week (mid August 2018).  Same problem with another computer after the Windows update.  Anyone know the solution.  (video still plays on Chrome)

12 REPLIES 12
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Edge and IE11. I'm looking for a solution now, until Arlo fixes their website. Check this thread...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Microsoft-Edge-not-playing-recordings/m-p/1624764#M42235

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or ask MS what changed and why.

MichaelBishop
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here.   Since updating Windows 10 (64-bit) on Tuesday, Aug 14, 2018 - I cannot review Arlo Pro recordings on either Edge or IE 11.   When I try to review a recording, I get the "Loading..." message only.  I can review the recordings using Firefox, or via an Android device.  At first I thought this was a problem with Edge and IE not being able to playback an MP4 video clip in a browser.   However, I independently verified using other sources that my current versions of Edge and IE can playback embedded MP4 videos.  In fact, if I download the Arlo video recording, and embed it in a new web page, I can review this recording as an embedded MP4 video in Edge and IE.  So the problem seems to be some sort of handshake issue with the Arlo cloud server, and the current versions of Edge and IE.   Somehow, the ability of Edge and IE to set up a proper connection to the Arlo cloud server is broken, and therefore the Arlo video recording cannot be streamed at all.  However, Edge and IE have no problem streaming embedded MP4 videos from other locations.  I suspect that Microsoft fixed some issue in Edge and IE, that is now revealing a problem with the Arlo cloud server.  That's only a guess, but it seems to fit the facts.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Well said and I agree 100%. MS patched a security issue and that has now revealed a coding issue on the Arlo website or servers.

I also did like you and tried every site I could find that plays and/or streams MP4 files and they all work fine. Only Arlo website has the problem.

Arlo probably didn't have access to the recent KB's until the same day the rest of us got it. That's how it works at my company, on "patch tuesday" we can access the KB coming out, test them, then deploy them. Arlo can't test before the KB comes out, but it is now Friday, they should have installed the recent KB's on their dev/test system and tested the site by now, and, checking the other thread on this issue it looks like it has been escalated to the Arlo engineers and they are looking into it.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Nearly never use Edge. Just for curiosity, logged into Arlo on Edge, after Windows update. Edge told me it had blocked Adobe Flash. I had Flash activated before the update, but somewhere along the line it had gone back to default of blocking it. Allowed Flash, everything worked normally. Not sure if this is the issue, just my experience. Arlo is running normally on Edge.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I redid flash on the site in Edge, library videos still will not play, stuck at loading. Streaming is fine, it's playing library videos.

Are you saying you have installed Cumulative Update KB4343909, and Security update for flash KB4343902, which takes your win10 build to 17134.228, and you can play videos from the library fine when using Edge?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My apologies. No the Library is a different response. Adobe 30.0.0.154 new security release which is now embedded in Edge is not happy with Arlo. KB4343902 somehow has not taken well when updating Edge, but for some reason Chrome is unaffected. 

MichaelBishop
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry for any confusion.  I'm running Windows 10 (64-bit) version 17134.228 with all recent Microsoft updates applied including: KB4343909 and KB4343902.  Still experiencing loading/streaming failures in Edge and in IE 11 from the Arlo web site when aitempting to view a recorded video from my Arlo Pro cameras.  I've rebooted my system, and the Arlo base station, and the problem persists.   I noted earlier that I am able to load/stream/view embeded MP4 videos from other web sites - just not the Arlo web site.

Holydoc
Guide
Guide

I, unfortunately, am having the same problem.

bg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem after the Windows update KB4343909.  IE11 and Microsoft edge will not load the Arlo videos.  Mozilla Firefox still works.

GRLdollies
Aspirant
Aspirant
 Samsung series 7, ssHD, win 10 with classic shell. (adaware & spybot still installed)  Edge Same Problem, Videos stay in loading mode.  I tried unblocking pop ups, turning off about all security features and removed bitfinder. Nope nada don't play. Checked to make sure flash was up to date and turned on, yup but still nada no vids.   I also turned block popups back on and added the Arlo address to good list.  Nope not working.    Well darn it.  Chrome runs better on my machine but my wide format HP stupid officejet 7612 printer does not support chrome believe it or not.  You get less then draft quality for online related printing.  So the only option is to put buggy firefox back running on my machine.  Hopefully that will work as someone said they had it running with it.   At least my printing options will be better.  Edge lacks choices and you can't put a icon on your desktop.  Arlo support/updates seem lackadaisical at best.  Not a cheep system.  Hope they get their act together.  If not another company will outshine them and poof disappearing customers. 
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you don't want to install FireFox and/or Chrome here is a workaround to play videos in Edge (or IE11) until the issue gets fixed.

Click the 3 dots on the video you want to watch

Choose "Share"

Choose "Copy Link"

Open a new tab in Edge

Right click in the address bar in the new tab and choose "Paste and Go"

You can now view that video in Edge