Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3 Arlo Pro Solar Panels Dead, Oldest Was 3 Months.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
afeid
Star
Star

I’ve been replacing my arlo cams with arlo pro, and buying the solar panels because the ads literally say I’d never have to charge a battery again. I noticed today that all 3 of the solar panels are no longer charging. The oldest was about three months, then one month and the newest is about a week.  All 3 are on different sides of the house. Does anyone know of a different vendor that makes compatible solar panels? I’m going to keep the rest of my arlos as the original model. No reason to spend another $1000 on cams and chargers if the chargers die so quickly. 

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you able to get the solar panels replaced under warranty? I've had mine for over a year with zero problems. The camera attached to it has not been touched in over a year. I'm always suprised at how low the light can be and the camera shows it's being charged. The panels do seem oversized though

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Besides the batteries running down, what indication do you have that the panels aren't working? Error messages? Battery icon not showing charging? 

afeid
Star
Star

Batteries dying and the charging symbol no longer shows. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you plug the cameras into the wall charger?