Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Videos Not Showing in Library

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MyArloCamerasH9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an LG G4 device with Android version 6.0 Marshmellow and also a Samsung Galaxy S9+ running the most recent version of Android. I have 4 Arlo Pro cameras that are connected to a base station with the alarm capability that I purchased on Amazon August 2017. Link to the cameras I purchased is below for reference. I have also tried contacting the app developers using "SDSupportqueue@netgear.com" but have not heard back.

Link to the Arlo products I use:

The problem:
I am unable to view the video footage of 3 of my Arlo Pro Wireless cameras, which are connected to a base station, in the video library using the Arlo app. In total, I have 5 Arlo wireless cameras and I am currently using the free cloud service that records & records up to a week's worth of footage. I should also note that this problem began about 2 months ago and I have had the cameras for almost a year.

Furthermore, when my cameras are armed, my LG G4 device gets push notifications of the type of incident detected but I am unable to see the footage recorded. I am also able to access a live view feed from the cameras with my LG G4 device through the Arlo app.  I am able to view the footage of the other 2 cameras I have just fine in my video library through the app. Also, I can view the footage they record just fine using a desktop machine by logging onto the Arlo website but I want to be able to view them using my phone. 

Solutions I have tried:
1) I tested whether it's the fault of the cameras or just a fault of my device by sharing access to the cameras with another mobile device and that device was able to view the footage just fine. 

2) I also tried power cycling the cameras by shutting off the base station, physically disconnecting the ethernet and power cables for over 5 minutes from the base station, reconnecting the power to the base station, waiting 1 minute for the base station to power up, and then reconnecting the ethernet cable to the base station. This still did not allow me to view the recorded footage in my video library using the Arlo app.

3) I have factory reset my phone, formatted my installed external SD card, re-installed the app, and this did not work.

Thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since shared access worked, it's a problem local to the phone. The factory reset of the phone should have cleared out any problems from the phone and/or app. Have you tried a browser? If you select a video and download it on your phone can you then watch it?

If everything works except on your phone, open a case with support here. It may be an app incompatibility somehow between your phone and the app.

MyArloCamerasH9
Aspirant
Aspirant
My LG G4 uses Android 6.0 Marshmellow. The Samsung Galaxy S9+ uses Android 8.0 Oreo.

The app on my phone will not show any videos recorded by the 3 arlo pro cameras in the video library. However, if I login to my Windows PC to the Arlo web version, then I can see the videos and download them. So what this tells me is that the cameras are recording but the app just isn't displaying this information correctly and this is happening on two separate and independent Android devices.

If I manually download the videos from the PC web version of Arlo, then yes I can see the videos on my phone but this requires having to manually import the videos onto my phone, which defeats the whole purpose of having a mobile security system.

Do you have the link I can go to and open a support ticket?

Thank you for your time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
MyArloCamerasH9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am currently in the process of contacting the support team. I will update my findings & resolution once I finish with the support team, which I expect to be no more than 24-28 hours. 

Thank you again for your time.