Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery Life Problems

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
GottfriedMind
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm all for trying out this test firmware attempt at a fix for the battery life problems my cameras are now having.

I'll try anything.

I bought this system as what appeared to be a logical solution for monitoring another house we have.
I've shown the camera live feed and recorded events to a lot of people, and recommended the system to some of them when it was working right.

I'm dead in the water right now, as far as my Arlo system is concerned.  I have 4 cameras - you figure out what I paid.
This won't fly - winter hits, and I imagine my cameras will get less than a week on a charge.

Netgear has their head down and their tail between their legs on this one.
They are still advertising thw awesome battery life of the Pro on their products page, yet they have not created a sticky on the forum site for the Pro addressing this critical flaw.

I can understand a 7-10 days coming up with a fix.  I cannot fathom 3+ months of waiting on something so critical.
Untitled.jpg

1 REPLY 1
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Join the Beta program and you can try the new firmware. I'm using it, but since I don't have a battery drain issue, I don't know if it's helping or not except for what others have said who believe the issue may be fixed with the new firmware. Currently my batteries last 2-4 months with lots of use.

They did push out firmware in the past that did fix many people who had this issue, but some still have the issue, and it appears unfortunately you're one of them. Try the beta firmware, you have nothing to lose. My system is running fine on the new firmware.