Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
babyduke
Star
Star

4 wireless pro cameras with audio and 1 wireless camera w/o audio

This has been going on for a couple of months and Arlo customer service did all the trouble shooting like checking to see if my wi-fi is good (confirmed it is) and having me disconnect & re-install all my cameras and re-set the base station.  When movement is detected and I receive an alert on my phone, I still have wait over 3 minutes for the video to finally show up.  I was told that the base station might be bad and the agent said he'll look into sending me a replacement.  That was almost 3 weeks ago and no update.

This morning I waited over an hour to finally get through to a live chat agent.  Although I provided the case ID, he asked me to provide all the info once again, trying to create a new case.  I asked him to please look into history so that I don't have to start all over and he put me on long hold.  He finally comes back to thank me for my patience and then ends the chat!!!  

Terrible equipments and even worse customer support!!

13 REPLIES 13
birdieboy
Guide
Guide

I have been having the same issue.  It seems it started a few months ago, possibly after an update.  When I get a

notification from the camera it takes about 2 minutes for the video to appear in the library.  This is an exceptionally

long amount of time if you are trying to see who is moving around your home.  

I noticed that changing the battery in the cameras has become an issue also.  Where I used to be able to turn off the camera, replace the battery and turn the camera back on no problem.  Now when I do this, the camera has notice that states camera is offline and I have to fiddle with the battery to get it to come back up.  This is all cameras so it is not an issue

with the battery.   

Obviously there is a bug in the software update that went out because we have NEVER had problems like this.

Arlo/Netgear you can do better than this, people are depending on you for their security.

babyduke
Star
Star

Arlo support is terrible. They keep creating new case IDs and do nothing to fix.  Last agent asked me to provide a boatload of info via email.  What's funny is he even asked for a video evidence on this trouble.    How da heck do I show this by video???  He says just take  screen shots.  What?!?...  I honestly don't think they know what they're doing.  This problem is with the Pro models.  The earlier wireless models with no audio works fine. 

Really frustrated that it's been over 2 months and they cannot troubleshoot this.

HemiSport-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue. About worthless. Just switched my 5 cameras back to my older Arlo Pro base, but not any better. Totally frustrated and about to through the whole Arlo system in the garbage where it belongs!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do your recording appear in your library on the web portal quicker than the app, or are they both taking some time to upload?

HemiSport-
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not tried checking my laptop right after, but will tomorrow.. I usually use my iPhone 11 pro, or my new iPad. They have both always worked great in the past. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling, but no help. Today I uninstalled my Arlo pro 2 base station and synced all 5 cameras back to my older Arlo pro base, but it was a waste of time. No help..

HemiSport-
Aspirant
Aspirant

My hardwired computer pulls up the video in about 30 seconds, so that works ok I guess. My app on phone still Very slow, and shows cameras on that are not on, and won’t turn on cameras sometimes, or you have to try a couple times to get them to come on. 

birdieboy
Guide
Guide

I would agree that on the computer the video shows up quicker.  But I don't use my computer to look at my library,

I use the app.  The app is always with me and easier to access.  So it seems that the glitch is in the app and this

problem goes back to a possible update that was done at the beginning of the year.  And something has just

changed within the last few weeks because there is hesitation when turning devices on and off through the app. 

and that was never like that before.  

*Side Note:   Shayne, the last time you asked me a question about this was back in June.  Why does it take so long

for you to comment or ask for more information?

HemiSport-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I agree with you! You hit the on button and wait, and some times it turns on, and well maybe not. You return to the cameras and it still says disconnected. Maybe it comes on. Maybe not. I very rarely use my computer to check Arlo. With the app not working right, it’s about useless truthfully.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

HemiSport-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can they not just fix the app???
birdieboy
Guide
Guide

Shayne,

I have spent hours on the phone with your support team.  I have answered all their stock questions and uninstalled

and reinstalled the system, rebooted the system and off loaded the app. It does not get any better.  Since I am not the only person experiencing this problem I would say the problem is on your end and with your app.  This all started after the first of the year, so maybe Arlo needs to go back and see what was updated or changed in the app at that time frame.  And just recently, the app has had a problem turning cameras on and off.  When you turn a camera on/off there is a lag time.  The device shows that it is on or off but when you go back to the home screen the camera does not reflect the requested change.  Arlo needs to take a good look at the app and fix the issues everyone is telling them about.  

Quit sending us back to the support team (because they don't know what's going on).  Quit asking us to send

you information because we never hear back from you.  Start passing our complaints to someone who can

take some responsibility and fix the problem.

HemiSport-
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree. We have both reset,rebooted, changed out batteries. ect. all the things we know we should do when there is a problem. Not our first rodeo.
Maybe trying to get us on a $ plan. I remember Apple draining everyone batteries on old phones to get new sales!! They are paying big time now in lawsuits. Kinda makes a person wonder?? Fix the App!!

HemiSport-
Aspirant
Aspirant