Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dB20
Star
Star

Arlo app only plays latest selected video no matter what video I select from my library. For example, if I select a video from earlier in the day, it plays the latest one. It was working fine until I updated to latest version of the app. iPhone app ver 2.7.1.

244 REPLIES 244
Dnelson
Guide
Guide

BTW: This doesn't seem to be an iOS issue directly since the library viewing works fine on my iPhone 8, and three different iPads (all of different generations and configurations). Only my wife's iPhone 6s is impacted. That suggests it's definitely in the Arlo coding. We've tried deleting the app off that device and reloading but the problem persists. Maybe Arlo could push out the previous version of their app as a temporary fix? 

johndegraff
Star
Star

Exactly admit there is an issue with the update and take us back to what worked while you try to figure it all out. I am looking at other cameras now and thinking about selling what I have. I am looking at the Anker Eufy cameras with a 1 year battery life as replacements but they are a bit bigger than the arlo.

OldCellar
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I open my app on my iPhone and go to watch previous videos, it automatically takes me to the most recent video.  I can't even open videos from days before without it automatically opening the most recent video from today. What can I do to fix this?

67Delta
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've decided to ask Costco for a refund. Can't use the system for its intended purpose - security - for too long. So, adios and we're off to find another vendor.  Good luck all.

johndegraff
Star
Star

Smart move - wish I was within a retun period. Right now I am looking at the euvy cameras and they have a 1 year battery life - they are larger than the arlo. 

donkeyhotay
Guide
Guide

I got to looking at the problem more closely last night.  I have an iPad as well as an iPhone 7S.  On the iPad, there is no issue.  It plays whatever video is selected.  On the iPhone, however, it has this problem that we're all having.  I compared the two devices to see what might be different, but I cannot find any difference between the two.  Both are using IOS 12.1.3.  Both are using the Arlo 2.7.1.  Each has comparable settings with regards to notifications, etc.

This doesn't shed much light on the problem, but it does explain why Arlo is slow to fix this bug.  A lot of iPhones and other devices probably work just fine.  It sounds like a phantom-gripe: it shows up inexplicably on some devices but not others.   

clvk07
Tutor
Tutor

A workaround is to click on the video you want to play like this:

Go in library

press and hold your finger on the right part of the video (where the description is, ie. motion, missed etc)  The video will start playing as long as you hold your finger

JN99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cool - that seems to work, thanks.  We have a workaround until a fix is issued.  I don't think ths is a reason to abandon to platform altogether.  Granted, the response has been weak at best but hardly a reason to ditch Arlo IMO.

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice
This so called fix BS
does not work for all users !
Tomorrow will be 21 days !
Arlo is the worse company I have ever dealt with
Ibcruzn
Guide
Guide

Nope, holding your finger down doesn't work on an iPhone 6S. However, after looking at what our options are for a different camera, we will keep ours for now and once this problem is resolved, revisit our options and make a final decision at that time. Arlo folks: We, your user community, have come to depend on your product as another safety measure for our families and property. However, the recurring issues such as this one, have become bothersome and frustrating. The reviews of your product are excellent and Arlo products are generally listed as the number 1 security camera that we should consider purchasing. Please consider that if future updates fail to get stabilized prior to release, you should take charge of the situation and notify your CFO that you now expect multiple sets of Arlo products to be returned which would have a negative financial impact on your current accounting period P&L's. We really don't want to return them, we like what we read on your product boxes, we really do like what we paid for, we just wish it worked like you said it would.

Dannybear
Master
Master
This issue has been about since iOS App v2.7.1 was released. Support are aware and should be fixed in the next release hopefully.
A workaround is to swipe left on the played video until you get to the wanted one.
JN99
Aspirant
Aspirant

The press and hold of the word motion below the ellipsis (...)  works for me on an iPhone 7 but it is a bit fidly to be sure.

ojix
Star
Star

v.2.7.2 has solved my problem.

Amrat
Guide
Guide
Great! Just updated mine, seems to work ok. Ps: I had to search for Arlo in App Store where update was. It didn’t automatically show up in updates available list
johndegraff
Star
Star

With all these people having issues how do they put out an update and not tell anyone - mine did not update automatically as it is suppose to and I had to delete the app and download it again to get the updated version. I am glad you guys found this out cause I am still emailing lists of questions with support that in my opinon have nothing to do with my problem. I hope this works like it did for you guys. 

donkeyhotay
Guide
Guide

Version 2.7.2 solved the problem for me too.  But you have to dig a bit to find it.  SMH.

Boscastle
Apprentice
Apprentice
Downloaded recent update , then uninstalled and installed the Arlo app, all is looking ok now 👍phew!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

As some of you may be aware, a new update is available for the Arlo iOS app. Make sure to install the latest version, which is version 2.7.2. We appreciate your patience regarding this. 🙂

Nulon1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo Community

My Arlo Pro 2 was 4 cammera set up was working fine. But now is only allowing the last cammera recording to be viewed.

I can see that there are other recordings in the library but when a go to view it just shows the last recording.

Hope some one can help.

Thanks In advance.

Dannybear
Master
Master
The issue you describe is likely a result of a bug with the iOS App version 2.7.1. There is a later version now that resolved it. Check the App Store.