Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dB20
Star
Star

Arlo app only plays latest selected video no matter what video I select from my library. For example, if I select a video from earlier in the day, it plays the latest one. It was working fine until I updated to latest version of the app. iPhone app ver 2.7.1.

244 REPLIES 244
meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

IF THIS IS IOS

this problem has been posted on this board a few times.

it is do to the bad APP 2.7.1 update on Jan 18

you need to call support takes about 15 minutes and open a case#

they wont fix it unless we all open a case

they will tell you delete the app and reinstall it. that does not work !

be sure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

I call every day for status on my case#

I don’t believe they have any intention of fixing the problem

so far I have paid for 10 days without being able to play the library

they are horrible, especially when they could re release the old app that was working

Amrat
Guide
Guide
Hi
Of late I can’t select a particular video from a thumbnail to play it. It defaults to the first video of the day and then I have to swipe to the video I want . It’s very annoying. The is app on iPhone 7. It has been okay before. Any fix would be much appreciated
Thanks
Amrat
donkeyhotay
Guide
Guide
On my iPhone 7 I found that if I hold down my thumb on a video, it will play it — so long as I keep pressing on it. Might be a workaround until the Arlo pinheads fix their bug
Bwbundaberg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I rang yesterday I spent an hour trying to communicate with this girl that did not want to listen to my problem telling me my phone was my issue
jodymaryk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a similar problem.. In the
Library the video shows but when I try to play it, it defaults to one a few hours before. There are no more videos after that so I can’t even scroll to it. This happens on my iPhone SE but it works fine on my iPad. I have rebooted my phone but it still happened. Any ideas?
Dannybear
Master
Master
Please refer to the following thread to explain and assist us for getting support.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/iOS-app-2-7-1/td-p/1671812/page/3
dustyt76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, that is correct. I have 5 cameras and 2 different hubs. I'll have to look at a different system. I can no longer reccomend Arlo.

davidyi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why I can see only the last video from my iphone while I can see all 7 day's videos  from my desktop? Before I could see the all. 

Dbentster
Initiate
Initiate

Until  fix   consider  Wyze cameras   same  featues $20 per  camera   and the app  works.  

davidyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I got the same problem. Your solution is working!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dbentster wrote:

Until  fix   consider  Wyze cameras   same  featues $20 per  camera   and the app  works.  

And you get 10 second videos. One every 5 minutes.

Dave5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro library shows most recent recording for all events.  Problem began when adding access to another device with a separate email address.  Device worked fine with original sign in settings. 

57_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have activity on all three cameras and when I go to library to see activity of all three camera it only shows me one activity (the same one) from one camera.  It worked fine before and I have downloaded the most recent update.  How does this happen and how do I view the activity from all three camers

Sanjay76
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem for the past week. Very frustrating as I can only see the latest recorded event and not previous ones recorded.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
samsmom9717
Aspirant
Aspirant
When viewing the library of video recordings, I can scroll through the list however no matter which video I select for viewing, the app defaults to playing the most recent video only. I have to download specific clips for review when previously I was able to easily view them within the app. firmware up to date (1.8.6.2_22781) Thank you for any assistance!
Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi,

Canyou include what phone, phone model, and operating system version your phone is on? Can you confirm if you see this on the web login? (log into https://my.arlo.com) 

Amrat
Guide
Guide
Thanks but I have the lastest s/w iOS on iPhone and on arlo app. I guess I will have to raise a case with arlo for fix to their app
BDB5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. How about some help, support people?
Amrat
Guide
Guide

Case raise with Arlo support, apparently their team is aware of the issue and they are working on a fix.

Will post with updates on case

jinto6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dannybear
Master
Master
I also find Arlo Support is slow and a bit clunky. The issue arose since with the last iOS App v2.7.1 and has been escalated by the gurus here on the forum. I have no answer to when it will be fixed but hopefully in the next version.
It is possible to work around the problem by swiping left on the video to back track to the wanted video. I expect that you will also get frustrated if you have a lot of videos.
samsmom9717
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is an iphone 7 using iOS 12.1.3

This problem does not occur using the web login, only with the app

Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks, we will have the team look into this.

Iondeclev
Aspirant
Aspirant
App 2.7.1 dated january 17 plays only most recent video recording in the library.. i have an iphone 6, 5 cameras and a premium subscription now useless.
problem started probably on app release.. lost other features such as filter recordings by people or animal. Activity zones have no effect .

Support has been saying 4 to 5 days to fix the problem for more than a week now.
Amrat
Guide
Guide
As someone mentioned before...a work around while they fix it is press and hold (keep holding) the play icon on the video you want to play. This plays the video you want. Hope this helps
Amrat