Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dB20
Star
Star

Arlo app only plays latest selected video no matter what video I select from my library. For example, if I select a video from earlier in the day, it plays the latest one. It was working fine until I updated to latest version of the app. iPhone app ver 2.7.1.

244 REPLIES 244
DougOC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been experiencing the same problem.

DougOC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Delete and reinstall didn't solve the problem

flang1000
Initiate
Initiate

Have had this system for over a year along with the phone app. About 5 days ago when viewing my library from my IPhone, it only allows me to view the most recent video regardless of which time stamp I chose.  My husbands IPhone works just fine as well as the internet.

I have deleted the app from my phone, restarted the phone, downloaded the app and still nothing.

I have an IPhone 6S and my husband has an 8. But like I said, it annomoly just started

Any suggestions?

FLANG

Multitude
Initiate
Initiate
meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

this problem has been posted on this board a few times.

it is do to the bad app update on friday 2.7.1

you need to call support takes about 15 minutes and open a case#

they wont fix it unless we all open a case

they will tell you delete the app and reinstall it. that does not work !

besure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

it is do to the bad app update on friday 2.7.1

besure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

Dlnbeau
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any response from Arlo on how to fix?
ChazThePhoenix
Tutor
Tutor
Nope. The support staff told me to unplug the base unit, delete and redownload the app... yada yada.

Things work as expected on the website, so it has to be THE APP.

support people won’t admit that. It’s a broken line of code - actually the code writer probably copy / pasted a line of text and didn’t go back and fix it.

Grade F for beta checking the app before release.

Do I have to try to fix it myself Arlo?
Maxad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can't believe a company like this would not test a single video playback.
Dnelson
Guide
Guide

Same issue. 

Called tech support and reported the problem (iPhone 6s, iOS 12.1, Arlo App v.2.7.1). I received the same response the OP reported, i.e., it is a known issue and will be resolved in next Arlo app update.  The support guy said it appears lots of calls on the issue, so that should help speed up the resolution.

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice
I believe this is isolated to the
6s.
adajet
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. It has affected my iPhone as well. I have an 8.
ojix
Star
Star

You would immediately know that it is not isoleted to 6s if you took a little time to read other comments in this thread. People have reported the same issue happended to their devices other than 6s. In my case, as I reported, it happened to my iPod touch 6, but not to my iPhone and iPad.

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks
sivilee
Initiate
Initiate

Similar thing started happening to me the past few days on my iphone 5.  If i select a random video from the library, that video will keep replaying no matter which other one i select.  Ususally if I wait a few hours or till the next day, i can select and watch another video, then that same video will keep replaying! Works normal on my desktop and my other family members' phones who have androids.  I uninstalled and redownloaded the app on my phone, restarted my phone and nothing helps.  called support and said they are working on it.  they gave me a case number.

SteT
Aspirant
Aspirant

No matter which video I select, it only plays back most recent one, this has only happened recently.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is this both in the app and web client? If the app, which platform? iOS or Android?

Boscastle
Apprentice
Apprentice
If I understand the problem correctly it’s a bug and Arlo are looking to fix it. So I don’t think re syncing or any other action will help at this stage . Mine is still playing up hopefully we will all be updated soon.
Boscastle
Apprentice
Apprentice
I don’t think it can be isolated to the 6s as I have the same problem on my iPhone , which is not a 6s.
meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

IF THIS IS IOS

it is do to the bad app update last friday 2.7.1

besure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

jennifH
Guide
Guide
I opened a case with arlo.
jennifH
Guide
Guide
Yes I am accessing the videos through the library. Not sure where else I could access them besides there.
jennifH
Guide
Guide
Because mine is not listed: VMB4000R3
smith1914
Aspirant
Aspirant

wts  - same exact problem here with app on iOS. Seems like it started around the time of the latest update from Arlo. Has Arlo provided a fix yet??

JesK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can not review previous clips on App, only most recent clip showed, why? It’s been two days now!