Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dB20
Star
Star

Arlo app only plays latest selected video no matter what video I select from my library. For example, if I select a video from earlier in the day, it plays the latest one. It was working fine until I updated to latest version of the app. iPhone app ver 2.7.1.

244 REPLIES 244
TNcat8
Guide
Guide

I just got off the phone with support. They said it is a known issue and their team is working to fix it. Give it a couple of days to be resolved she said.

Boscastle
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I did that each time too.
Cwalls
Guide
Guide
You are right, I sat in the phone for 30 minutes and was told to delete the app. Just done that and no change! 😡😡😡
Cwalls
Guide
Guide
Case has been created
Cwalls
Guide
Guide
It’s weird, my wife’s app on her phone is not doing it. I deleted the app, but there has to be a way to delete all the settings related to my app only. When reinstalling the app, it’s pucking up the old settings.🤷‍♂️
ojix
Star
Star
Same problem here.
I have Arlo Q, and this problem happens only with my iPod touch, not with my iPhone and iPad. The latest iOS is installed. Arlo app verson is 2.7.1
catoscar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues as only latest video recording plays.  Others do not and it just keeps jumping back to the latest recorded video.  Very frustrating.  Hope this gets resolved soon!!

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have this same problem, reported it 3 days ago..

dont believe them that it will be fixed.

if you did not file and get a case number from them they wont remember you andmthey dont care

naray562
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue on my app.  I can only see recent recordings, I cannot see past recordings but they are there in my library.  I tried turning off base.  Deleting app, signing off.  Still not working.  Sometimes my recordings in the library are blank, no recordings.  Is it a bug in the app?  My husband app has been working fine for him, we share the same arlo base.  HELP.

ChazThePhoenix
Tutor
Tutor

I have this issue also. It records videos on all cameras but will only play back the LAST video recored on any device.   This is obviusly an erro in a line of code.  Fire that code writer and shame on you for not beta testing it. 

Boscastle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have you also found the sensitivity of the cameras are poor at the moment?

Not much use as a security system as it stands, fingers crossed they sort it out soon...

jgrimmett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone else having issues with video library playback?

I am on the using most current iPhone App update.  When I try to watch any video from the past 7 days it always play the most recent video saved.

Example: I am trying the watch a video from yesterday, when I press on the video it automatically pulls up the most recent video that was saved. 

I have tried to close the app and start over and I am not having this problem on the website, just the app.

Thanks

adajet
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I have to hire someone to climb up a latter to remove my cameras to resync with my base station each time they do a firmware update, I’m trashing these cameras and never recommend them ever. Fix this now.
Kbaustin77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently updated my Arlo app to version 2.7.1 on my iphone. Now I am unable to view past videos. I can see them in my library when I click on them it automatically takes me to most recent saved video. My husband is not having this problem and he has not updated his app. I deleted my device and reinstalled as well as resynced my cameras. Turned my phone off and on. Deleted and app and reinstalled. None of this works. Any ideas on how to fix this?

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

you need to call support takes about 15 minutes and open a case#

they wont fix it unless we all open a case

they will tell you delete the app and reinstall it. that does not work !

make sure you get a case #

1-408-638-3750 usa

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

there are a few posts about this issue on this board..

it was do to a bad app update..

on friday 2.7.1

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

this problem has been posted on this board a few times.

it is do to the bad app update on friday 2.7.1

besure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

LBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recent update broke the Library viewing of prior recordings.   Now unable to view any prior recordings, even though they show as available in the Library.   To recreate problem, go to Library and select a prior day, like yesterday, a few days ago, whatever prior day that has saved recordings, and try to view one of the older video recordings.  When you select an old recording to view, regardless of what video you select, only the most recent recording from today is shown.  

However, if I download the prior recorded video, it does find and download the proper video locally to phone and I can view within Photos after the file is downloaded.   But you can't view any prior recordings using the Arlo App.

Please investigate and correct, and may I suggest the obvious -  Actually perform some QA Testing and Regression Testing prior to releasing updates to the world...

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

this problem has been posted on this board a few times.

it is do to the bad app update on friday 2.7.1

besure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @naray562

Which Model phone are you using and what OS is it running? Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo Mobile App?

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

amen about the quality assurance for sure..

last spring they sent out an update to the base stations and knocked everyone out for around 3+ days

thousands of users ! without any video capture

then the library issues etc.

an update 2 months ago removed all the little icons such as battery (why) because somebody

thought it was ok to do, we could not get quick battery info. (then a week latter put it back in)

its painful because they are just CRAP

they never offer xtra days on your account payment to compensate their lack of QA/ QC

they need to fill pain, then they'll CARE

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've never had to do that. You may have an issue with the base-camera signal strength and/or quality.
Boscastle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is there a way to improve the signal strength ?

I do have my base station plugged into a TP link exstender, otherwise I cant get enough signal for the camera at the otherside of the house.....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
WHat is the house construction? Thick walls, brick and stucco, etc. can all be an issue. One way to solve this, assuming this is the real issue, would be to use multiple bases so you could maximize the signal to varrious cameras.
adajet
Aspirant
Aspirant
That was arlo’s suggestion to resync cameras after all other troubleshooting failed e.g. delete cache delete/reinstall app etc. my cameras record otherwise. I have identical problem others have expressed that last recording plays back over older ones.