Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor

Hello!

I have an IPhone XR and Arlo Pro cameras, for 2 days now I haven’t been able to watch any video playback. If I save the video to my photos, I can watch it but for some reason it just sits on the buffering wheel and never plays off the app.

This is getting annoying as I’d like to monitor my home when I’m at work.

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cturbitt

Does this occur on mobile data & Wifi?

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for reaching out, it doesn’t work on either WiFi or using cellular data. It only works if I save the video and playback under my photos.
cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor
Also I have tried to turn off each camera and restart, restart my wifi, try different WiFi networks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of iOS are you using as well as the Arlo app?

cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor
2.17 version for Arlo - no update on the App Store

iOS 13.4.1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this with recorded videos or is this live streaming?

cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor
Just recordings. I can view live stream without issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cturbitt

Thank you for the info. Is this all your recordings in the library or a select few? Are they recordings from motion detected or manually started?

cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor
None of the recordings are working for playback in all 3 cameras I have. They all worked before, then all stopped. They are all recordings from motion detection.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the cameras by removing > Re-inserting the batteries?

cturbitt
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, each camera was restarted by taking out the battery and putting it back in. We also attempted to resync one of the cameras and nothing changed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I see, Thank you for all the detailed information. To further investigate this issue, Please contact the Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support