Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS4330-100NAS: Limited zoom functionality in app

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Stayfrosty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently, the pinch and zoom feature in my Arlo app has been limited to 2x or 3x. I was able to zoom in to the spec 8x from the same mobile device and same camera set up for the first several weeks of operation.

Is there a setting or feature that limits the zoom magnification? Can this be adjusted?

Thank you in advance for any insight or advice.
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I see no difference just tesing on the web browser.... are you using a phone... ios/ android?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Stayfrosty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the iOS Arlo app. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Stayfrosty wrote:

I am using the iOS Arlo app. 

Yes... just tested on an Ipad... it doe NOT zoom as big as it did.  It may be a product of the new compatability for the Arlo Baby

This is not user adjustable

Morse is faster than texting!
Stayfrosty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I do see that a new version of the iOS app was published on May 2. You are likely correct that it has something to do with this update for the nursery cam.  Hopefully Netgear fixes this on the next update. 

Biddy-r
Star
Star
Same here, sucks big time, please get this sorted
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic for review. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

arijitade
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am facing the same issue with the Arlo iPhone App. I have the Arlo Pro Wire Free Cameras. Do we have any updates on this yet?

pattyp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, I too have experienced this problem. Can ARLO please fix this feature? I need this function to work up to 8X for safety/security reasons (need to view and record ongoing suspicious criminal activity). Can only zoom to 2X. Please help, the camera does me no good in it's present capacity.