Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cam won't sync to base/router

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Izm_zach
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo cam went offline. So I tried to sync it back to the base, but it wouldn't.

So I removed it in settings.

Now, when I try to re-sync/connect it back the cam just blinks BLUE and AMBER, and won't sync.

I understand that this means it's "updating" but I already updated all my other cams a few days ago.

So I tried the next day and it still blinks BLUE/AMBER then it after that it stays a SOLID amber. No blink...just a solid Amber light, for about 5 seconds.

Any help, it's been 2 days. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully you didn't pull batteries during an update.

Pull battery and replace, reboot the base unit ( let come back online ) and then attempt to sync again... remember a quick push only on the base sync button

If NG, you may have to contact Netgear Support.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Izm_zach
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed the battery and just plugged in the USB to the cam. And it still does the same thing. So I don't think it's the battery.

I might just return it.
Izm_zach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Btw I did reboot the system too. The cam still blinks blue/Amber. I even left it charging all day next to the base...and it still blinks those two colors
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Swapping at the store or opening a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here would each be a good option.