Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App missing all base station and camera devices

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
bshankar
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have been using my Arlo Pro cameras and one base station. 

It has been working well showing 3 different phones being connected via the app and looking at the videos. 

It has worked now close to 2 weeks without any problems. 

Today in the afternoon all of a sudden, all the base station as well as the camera devices vanished when i logged into my app. I thought it might be me but i asked the wife and my father and all the phones show the same behaviour. This clearly happened after 12:30 PM as you can see the videos in the cloud with the last being recorded is around the 12:30 PM mark. 

When i arrived home to check, the base station has 3 lights all well lit, the wifi is all working as expected, i tried to pair the 3 cameras again after shutting and restarting the base staiton. However it still shows the same.

How is it possible all of a sudden all the cameras are removed from my login as well as the shared logins including the base station?

Could someone kindly help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified and deployed a fix to resolve this issue. No updates or changes need to be made to receive the resolution. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Android app?

bshankar
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Steve, both android and iOS spread across 3 mobile phones.None of them had any of the cameras or base stations
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

bshankar
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, many thanks . Indeed I have raised one yesterday itself 28589269. I am waiting a response.

In the mean while I did a hard reset and had to resync all the cameras and its back to normal. Worried that my house had no monitoring at all for around 6 hours when this happened and wonder if this will happen again.
Briodo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any resolution on this one?  I did a hard reset on the base and resynced, with all cameras coming back with the correct names.  Would like to hear if there is a fix for the base station and cameras disappearing from all apps, including PC browser.

I have a NETGEAR VMS3530-100NAR Arlo system with 5 cameras.  Sort of a pain having to resync after 5 days of use...

bshankar
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Briodo,

Did you have the same problem ? My case with net gear is getting no where, the guys have no clue and response from net gear is like talking to a 2 year old kid. Doesn't look like they have a fair idea of it and aren't realizing that resync isn't an alternative, it can't just go offline if e.g. internet goes away for a few mins or the router shuts down . In my case even that didn't happen but still it should not just dissapear.

I suggest you quote my case number as an e.g.and push them to understand they have crappy software that needs fixing.
Briodo
Aspirant
Aspirant

No response yet, but have not logged a support request yet.  Will wait to see if I get another event.  The system was purchased last week so is still under warranty.  This may be a bigger issue since losing network connectivity should not cause this type of error.  My weather station can go offline for days and it comes right back online once network connection is reestablished.  This is a problem with either the base station or the cloud service SW where all devices on an account disappear.  I can't imagine we are the only ones with this problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic for further investigation. Please let me know if you continue to experience this behavior.

JamesC

Jth001160
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have had this same issue. Called in and created a ticket for a camera losing battery within 2 weeks. Amazon sent replacement system, couldn't get base station to work. Now it seems on a weekly basis I have to resync cameras to base station. And factory reset to get base station to be seen by the app. My friends who use arlo never had these issues, saddened that it's more work to Keep them synced than it is useful.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jth001160,

When did this first start happening? Do you notice a specific time of day when all of your devices disappear?

JamesC

Jth001160
Aspirant
Aspirant

It began happening about a week after the initial purchase. Early June, 2017. At first when it happened it was at night, but then it was in the mid morning, and then early morning. So there was no real time of day that it started happening. 

Kevinm781
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same issue
Briodo
Aspirant
Aspirant

So this is my second time to report all devices are gone from my account, the base station and all 5 cameras.  Time to file a support request.  I have not had problems with camera or system other than loss of devices.  I also noted that any custom modes I created were no longer there as well, including after I performed hard reset and resync.  The new camera names I have entered when I first purchase all appear to stay with camera as well.  After resync they come back with names I gave them.

Jth001160
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is the exact same issue that I have. Exact to the tee. 

bshankar
Tutor
Tutor
I think JTH, Brio do, Kevin, if you can post all your case numbers here so we can be on the same page with net gear support. Please do mention my case number as well so they don't have to start from scratch.

We have to get to the bottom of this otherwise the cameras are an expensive piece of book weight.
Briodo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jurizzo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same happened to me 2 weeks ago and the same today...

Kevinm781
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got off the phone with support 30 mins later... had me hard reset and sync cameras which I did before. She said it is a known issue that has been resolved and I will not have an issue again. I call b/s. If engineering was involved it shouldve had an update for the base station to correct the problem imo
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Kevinm781 wrote:
Just got off the phone with support 30 mins later... had me hard reset and sync cameras which I did before. She said it is a known issue that has been resolved and I will not have an issue again. I call b/s. If engineering was involved it shouldve had an update for the base station to correct the problem imo

If it was a server issue on their end, it could well be fixed without you needing an update

Briodo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm thinking the same thing.  Will hard reset, resync and see what happens.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified and deployed a fix to resolve this issue. No updates or changes need to be made to receive the resolution. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC