Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC4030 - Camera went offline, Wont Sink, Orange light blinks twice

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DFusniak
Initiate
Initiate

Hopefully somone can find a solution.

Purchased 5 arlo pro cameras March 22nd of last year. Cameras have worked great up until recently. One of the cameras has gone offline, and doesnt seem to want to re-connect. Been trying to trouble shoot it for about a week now. Initial thoughts are "Alright, time to recharge. Battery must be dead". So I grab the same provided charger that I've used to charge all my arlo cameras without issue, plug it in. Wait for it to charge and indicate that its full. After sometime a steady blue light shows that its ready, and I try to reconnect. It doesnt.

Next thoughts are the battery might be the issue. Maybe it's not connecting right? I remove the battery and put it back in. Blue light shows indicating that its on, but still nothing. I try something else. I swap that cameras battery with another one. Still a no go. I try to see if it works while just being wired and constantly getting juice. Arlo camera just laughs at me (hypothetically, Im not crazy). Now Im thinking its something to do with the camera, maybe even the camera & battery. I dunno.

I tried removing the camera from my list and resyncing it with the base station with no success. Pressing the sync button gives off a solid amber light, followed by two blinking amber lights, similar to this guy.- Arlo-Pro-amber-light-blinks-twice-Camera-unresponsive

I just want my camera working again man. Im out of ideas. Seriously, thanks in advance if you solve this.

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I think the one option that you have not tried is trying to sync the camera while it is plugged into the Netgear supplied AC adapter.

DFusniak
Initiate
Initiate
I actually did give that a shot, and was surprised it didn't work either. I should have said "adapter" and not "wired".
brh
Master
Master

@DFusniak

I recently purchased one of the refurbished Arlo Pro cameras, and when it arrived, it did the same thing. I tried many times to get the camera to sync and it would only sync maybe once every 20 to 30 tries. I would keep removing the battery and reinserting it. I would try to sync it using just the fully charged battery by itself, battery and plugged in with the power adapter and no battery with only being plugged into AC power. To get it to sync I had to locate the camera within 1 foot of the base station, briefly push the sync button on the base until the base light started blinking green. Then I would push the sync button on the camera. It worked this way once. Took the camera about 15 feet away from the base in the next room and over night the camera would lose connection. Tried many times to get the camera to sync. Once after the base light started blinking green, I unplugged the power cable and plugged it in again. The blue light on the camera started flashing blue rapidly which is normal and then the camera synced and the firmware updated. Later that night the camera lost connection. Obviously the camera was defective.

So, unfortunately, there is a good chance the camera is defective, It appears that your warranty is almost up, so I would contact Customer Service at the green banner near the bottom of this page.

Brian