Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
RMScholbe
Tutor
Tutor

When I view my cameras thru my Android, they are all working just fine.

When I look at the cameras thru my PC at my.arlo, they all show as offline, as does my Base Station.

I have rebooted my router and the Arlo Base Station. No difference.

I have turned off my firewall: No difference.

I am not using a VPN.

If I arm the system using the Arlo App, the cameras record video and I can see the recordings on my PC.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

120 REPLIES 120
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, I will look in to these reports and provide an updates as soon as possible. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

I was not potshooting at you, I was aiming at arlo when it seems that some customers have a flawless experience, maybe subscription is needed going forward.

I am happy to continue with posting when I can help, I was referring to this web portal issue when it gets raised.

rdilauro
Guide
Guide

I've been watching this for about two weeks and figured I would post it.

There is a difference between Web and Mobile ARLO Secure stats.   Not with all cameras, but it seems to be with the

cameras that are now using the XL battery.   I replaced on battery two days ago when the indicator showed 14%.   I replaced it and from the Web it still shows 14%.

Now when I look at it from my Mobile interface, the same camera shows 90%

From my Web sessions, I've cleared all cookies, cache and the normal things you would do when web pages hang around. I tried different browser and even different computers.   All show the same 14% for that one camera.

I generally run with a VPN connected (Avast), but I can toggle that back and forth and it doesnt change anything.

I tested this out with another ARLO account I use at home.  Looks like the same thing ... Different battery percentages stated for the camera with the XL battery.

Now when I am just Web running, that 14% camera goes offline and I have to turn it on again.   Is the ARLO Secure from the Web listening to the 14% and turning off the camera?   While the Mobile always has the camera on.

For now, I am going to hold off using the Web interface.

Both Web and Mobile ARLO Secure is at the latest level.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi All,

I was informed there was an update to the web client that should resolve this issue with your device appearing offline and having inaccurate battery percentages. 

Please let me know if you are still experiencing an issue with your devices. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

@ShayneS 

Not sure what web version is out, mine says 3.6.12_1

no improvements with camera battery status or percentage. Camera on/off condition still not updating.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dannybear

Thanks, I just notified the dev team. I'll probably have an update Monday for you.

Dannybear
Master
Master

cheers,

i am in AU so that may explain a lot.

06witchesflat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still showing offline for me. 

LJenkins82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a strange issue going on with our cameras, particularly 1 of them, we can view it fine via mobile devices but as soon as it comes to viewing it from a desktop device, it says its offline with 0 charge. I thought maybe it was a issue with the browser but changing how we view it does nothing. Our 2nd camera works fine too. Out of trial and error i swapped the batteries around in the cameras to try and determine the cause. Unfortunately doing this did not remedy the situation. Contact have been cleaned inside the camera too. Could the camera itself be at fault?

Fotog
Guide
Guide

I have a subscription with 10 cameras, two of which connect to WI-Fi while the other eight are conected to an Arlo base station.

Recently, the eight cameras show "Offline" when viewed on a laptop but can be viewed live on the iPhone app.  The two that are connected to WI-FI can be viewed live on both l A strange anomaly!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LJenkins82 wrote:

Could the camera itself be at fault?

No - if it were at fault, the app would show the same status.

It's a problem either in the Arlo Cloud or their web client - several folks here are reporting the same issues.  One of my own cameras is doing this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the reports, I have notified the team last Friday. I should have an update soon.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Quick question, Have you tried clearing the webs cache and test again? 

_JR_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update on my end: After logging in my account, all my cameras except for one Arlo Pro 2 now works fine but after a few minutes, all go down Offline again. I already cleared cache today and same results.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@_JR_

Noted.

Thank you 

LJenkins82
Aspirant
Aspirant

same with us, clearing the cache on all desktops using the web client does not seem to make a difference.

PaulaMarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

When using the Arlo portal through Chrome, two of my cameras say "Your Arlo device appears offline" when it's not.  When using the Arlo app on my phone, all works well.  I've tried to power off, resynch and it hasn't helped.  I've also accessed the portal thru MS Edge and have the same problem.  Anyone have any advice?  Thank You

Loue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why, if I switch between the app, and the website, is the status of my cameras completely different? Not just a little different, significantly.

For example, I recharged the battery of one of my cameras last night. It is accurately reflected in the app, however the website still says it is not charged. The lag in updates appears to be abysmally slow, several hours at least.

I would expect a security platform would put more effort into ensuring their infrastructure was robust and fault tolerant. As an Engineer I find this wholly unacceptable. 

bluechipjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

All cameras show offline on PC, Android and IPhone. Turn all cameras on then logout, log back in and they show offline again. Also show inaccurate battery reading. 

kard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like a number of other users, as I see from other Community threads, I am seeing problems with the browser app showing "device appears offline" even though the devices are actually working fine and sending current recordings to the cloud.  I see this problem under both Chrome and Edge.  A message from JamesC on 09/14 in another thread indicated that the cloud team released a fix for the problem.  However, I am still having the problem today.

Fwiw, my devices are VMC3030, with good batteries, and my base station is VMB3000, and one of my "offline" cameras is now 3 feet from the base station.

MikeD53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone found an issue where the camera connects and is viable on the mobile app but it appears offline on the Arlo desktop software?  I cannot find a solution.  Thanks!

Dannybear
Master
Master

No, no solution yet.

Nancy_L
Apprentice
Apprentice

This same thing is happening to me.  I have tried restarting my base stations, I have three VMB3000.  There is one camera, all Arlo Wire-free, on each of the base stations that started doing the "This device is currently disabled and will not respond to mode change" thing about two days ago. I have tried removing the cameras and readding them. I tried renaming them and adding them back to the base stations.  No luck. Getting pretty frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Denisecahi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem. 2 of 3 disabled themselves and when I try to turn on in the app the button turns green to show they are on but they never come on. We’re working fine a week ago. 

F2S
Guide
Guide

This issue has apparently not been resolved. All troubleshooting has been tried and proven ineffective. Cameras appear offline on the desktop arlo dashboard when they are actually fully charged and functioning on the Android mobile arlo app.  Waiting for the fix.