Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 57 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

Follow a random check on the website and using both the App ( Android ) and the Web interface I have found out that my Arlo station ( 2 of them ) are actually revert back to firmware 1.11.9.0_26250.

I am pretty sure that I was running the latest one but looks like it revert back to this one.

My cameras are running 1.092.0.19_26228.

Checking the latest firmware update using the App sows it is the latest ( no updates ).

I have reset and power circle w/o any affect.

Both systems are working fine so I am wondering about the fix ?

Thank you.

57 REPLIES 57
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MyNGpro

Have you contacted customer support since they emailed you? Your issue was escalated to the team, and an email has been sent to you regarding the next troubleshooting steps.

Email sent by Arlo Support:

"Hello Gal, 

Good Day! 

This is a follow-up on your Arlo support case number 40751354. 

I was able to received an update from the team and for us to investigate this further, kindly perform the following: 

1. I would suggest to get the most current speedtest result when your desktop is connected to the same router where the base station is connected. Go to speedtest.net and get the Download, Upload speed and ping results.
* This is to compare the current speedtest result with your subscribed speed from your Internet Provider.

2. I would suggest to setup 1 BS to a different house/WiFi network from your Friend/Relative and check if we can update the firmware. Preferrably a different Internet provider than Verizon Fios.
*This is to test if this is related to the network or not.

We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation. 

Hope to hear from you soon, Have a nice day! Take care! 

Kind Regards, 

Alfred 
Arlo Level 2 Support Expert"

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I gave the above a shot, Speedtest: https://bit.ly/2Tywmlf I don't have any family in my state, to bring my base to plug into a different network router. Instead I used a Verizon Mifi, bridged to wifi repeater with ethernet port. This provided a different network than my home. The base station worked fine but I did not observe any changed behavior. Still on 1.11.9.0_26520...."no updates available"
MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice
Spoiler
Hello,

I have responded on the spot ! Both by email and by direct update on March 20th.

No one responded back !

It is the same old story each time.

Unfortunately NG are failing on support. 

If you can assist I will be thrilled.

Thx.

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

I have responded on the spot ! Both by email and by direct update on March 20th.

No one responded back !

It is the same old story each time.

Unfortunately NG are failing on support. 

If you can assist I will be thrilled.

Thx.

Hello,

Speed test net results:

Download 99.8 MBPS

Upload 95.7 MBPS

Conecting the two same base stations to other ISP results the same.

Please refer to : https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/VMB-4000-r3-back-to-old-firmware-by-itself/m-p/1685101/highli...

Do review it and follow up with a solution. 

Thank you,

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MyNGpro

I have provided your notes within your case, and I let support know that you have tried multiple reboots/resets on both base stations. 

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Thank you.

I do hope that someone will wake up and will find a solution as I am not alone.

Google search and over 152 results on that model and issues.

Thx.

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

Still no word from support. 

This is outrageous.

This is a pure disrespect.

I am considering a direct applications to the COC.

Unbelievable !

Thx.

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello again, 

Still no word from support .

Total ignoring of this thread and the open tickets. 

This is Arlo disrespect of their clients.

I really wish that someone will wake up here.

Thx

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello again,

An update - still no word from support  !

Got some private massages from Arlo moderate that apparently leads no where.

Unbelievable !

Thx

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MyNGpro

We apologize for the poor experience you received from Customer Support. I have escalated your case and you will be receiving a response as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience while this issue is resolved.

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

I am still waiting on the support team to communicate with me.

Thx

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

After a month of waiting here is the answer by Arlo support :

Case #: 40751354

Case Summary: Base Station's Firmware Switched back to Old version 1.11.9.0_26520

Product: VMB4000

Update from Arlo:

Hello, 

Good Day! 

This is a follow-up on your Arlo support case number 40751354. 

I received your update and I really appreciate the information that you have provided. I already forwarded these information to the appropriate team for further review.

As soon as I have an update from them, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation. 

Hope to hear from you soon, Have a nice day! Take care! 

Kind Regards, 

Alfred 

Arlo Level 2 Support Expert

This must be a joke ?!

Unbelievable !

Thx

CLangley
Star
Star

I have 3 Arlo Pro2 cameras models VMC4030P (H3) with Basestation model VMB4000r3 which have been automatically had their firmware downgraded to an earlier version. Why has this happened? The Basestation went from version 1.12.0.1_27940 to back to the earlier version 1.11.9.0_26520, and The Pro2 cameras went from version 1.125.11.4_29092 back to the earlier version 1.125.11.3_26229 This all happened sometime after around 15 January 2019 and have not changed since then. The support site suggests they can be manually updated via the App or MyArlo web portal, but I have never seen this option being available as described. Has anyone else encountered this problem and how to resolve it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CLangley

I will reach out to you via PM to gather further information regarding this issue,

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello again,

Over a month of waiting. 

In spite of the forum moderater private massages and the declaration here on this thread nothing is happening. 

Simply disgraceful.

Arlo support does not exist .

I am ready to send an official complain to the COC with a class action if not answerd.

Thx.

Davids51
Initiate
Initiate
CLangley,
Same “downgrade” happened to me on 4/6/2019 automatically at about 3 am. I also have several Arlo Pro 2 cameras and the Arlo Pro Base. I ended up with the same “reported” versions of the firmware that you did. I strongly suspect that many Arlo customers were also downgraded but have not noticed the issue yet. Those older versions of firmware had issues related to them which affected the operation of the system. In my case however, my Arlo system is still working properly!! I wonder if the Engineering team has actually “miss-used” the older versioning numbering and has actually installed newer firmware than we were using? This issue will need to be resolved by the Software Engineering team as the 1st level customer support team may not be able to.
David
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Davids51

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

ShaynS,

What is the point of opening another support case.

You do have all the facts that you needed.

All the questions were already answered .

Why waist valueable time.

Why can't you adress the problem and provide a solution  ?

I will appreciate your answer here and not on a private massage as its the community intrest.

I am so disappointed from your / Arlo support to the verge of sending the official report to the COC w/o delays.

Over a month w/o any answers only EXCUSES.

Thx.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MyNGpro

I reviewed your case & On 4/09/19 The Customer Support team contacted you by phone. The team informed you that your case has been escalated and is being monitored for a response. When such response is received you will be notified immediately. Thank you for your patience as we resolve this matter.

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

ShaynS,

Let me emphasize my answer one more time as of this moment the only answer that i got is that there is no answer yet.

What is the point of opening another support case for others ?

You do have all the facts that you needed.

All the questions were already answered .

Why waist valueable time.

Why can't you adress the problem and provide a solution  ?

I will appreciate your answer here and not on a private massage as its the community intrest.

I am so disappointed from your / Arlo support to the verge of sending the official report to the COC w/o delays.

Over a month w/o any answers only EXCUSES.

Thx.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

We need a firmware push to vmb4000r3 users with updated firmware.

Issue is affecting multiple, maybe all vmb4000r3 bases.

Support should address this to the community.

Thanks @MyNGpro for shining a light on this bug.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Everyone,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. Thank you for your patience

MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Looks like a new FW was pushed 1.12.2.0_2794

No press release or any other info.

Mystery for Easter ????

Thx

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, mine updated too.

Nice