Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Fred28
Tutor
Tutor

I last used by Arlo pro on January 6 it was working fine . Then i left the country and now I am trying to access my cameras . . I get the message that says that my base station is off-line .!!! Since I am out of the country I can’t reboot my base station I’m sure my Internet is working fine since I am able to access other devices in my house . I am wondering if the new upgrade 2.7.0. Could be at fault or if there’s anything I can do to get my system working . I would be very appreciative of any suggestions or help I can get from the community thank you very much Fred 28

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a number of things...

but if the base is offline, a reboot is needed. Nothing can be done remotely.

Posible future fixes would be a Wemo outlet ( can reboot then remotely if wifi is on ) or a UPS for the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Fred28
Tutor
Tutor

TomMac

thanks so much for youfr reply.

i was just thinking??    What if I was to get my neighbor next-door to just cut off my power supply to the house for a few minutes .   With that reboot the system when He turns the power back on,    or would the base station itself need to be turned on separately??

Thanks. Again.  Fred28

Unskilledricky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also getting the same issue and it’s been happening for the last two to three weeks.   To temporarily fix the issue, I have to reboot the base station and then I can access the system application. Unfortunately, a few hours later,  I get the message that says that my base station is off-line again.  I tried connecting using my iPhone and my laptop, I get the same message.  The base station has 3 green light when this happens and the internet link is fine. Note that when this happens, the physical security cameras do work and do capture movement when armed so I do not think it’s the base station.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fred28 wrote:

TomMac

thanks so much for youfr reply.

i was just thinking??    What if I was to get my neighbor next-door to just cut off my power supply to the house for a few minutes .   With that reboot the system when He turns the power back on,    or would the base station itself need to be turned on separately??

Yes, it may work... but the best way would be a restart after the modem and router are online.

BTW, a ups inline for the base accounts for power outages and will keep the base up and cameras connected... if a pro/pro2 base with a speed stick will also allow it to still capture vids to the backup drive

Morse is faster than texting!
Fred28
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I guess I’m just screwed because my  base station is plugged into a pretty good UPS and therefore if I turn the power off to the house it may take more than a day to run the battery down .

Also according to unskilledricky. even  if I was to trouble my neighbors to go into my house and Reboot my base station I may very well have the same problem happened again.  

I never had this problem before and I’m thinking maybe it’s because I added the Arlo pro two camera to my system with the Arlo pro one base station.

Something is amiss.   Hugely disappointing.  

Maybe next time I’ll just pay for a whole Other system just as a back up.