Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Used iCloud but now using Gmail account for Arlo account. Can I remove/delete Arlo account?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Denisgee1948
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first set up my Arlo account I was using an Apple Ipad and Apple ICloud email. I have since changed to Android and Google Gmail email. Since changing I have experienced on going issues receiving Arlo push alerts and email advices when connected to WiFi. Could this be resolved if my entire Arlo account was deleted and reinstated which would remove any association with my previous Apple accounts? Thanks, Denisgee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Denisgee1948
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the feedback. The issue is now in the process of being resolved by Arlo support.
Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Denisgee1948 wrote:
When I first set up my Arlo account I was using an Apple Ipad and Apple ICloud email. I have since changed to Android and Google Gmail Could this be resolved if my entire Arlo account was deleted and reinstated which would remove any association with my previous Apple accounts? 

The apple iCloud email wouldn't affect the push notifications. 

Of course if emails are being sent to your iCloud email address, then the delivery does depend on the apple email and the mail client in the phone. 

Did you just make the change to Android? If is been over the past 4 weeks, I'd suggest waiting a bit.  The transition to the new app and related back-end changes at Arlo has created some issues with notifications for some users.

Denisgee1948
Aspirant
Aspirant
I changed to Android 12 months ago and it has been down hill since then. When I am off WiFi things seem to work pretty much as expected but when connected to WiFi, I either don't get push alerts or there are considerable delays receiving them and the email advice.
Denisgee1948
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the feedback. The issue is now in the process of being resolved by Arlo support.
Cheers