Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
gpurs
Follower
Follower

when I push the talk button on my iphone to talk it does work however it turns the sound off on the camera and the only way to get audio back is to stop it and turn it back on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app that resolves this issue is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Weird.  Try power cycling the base and pop the battery out of the camera to reset it.

kvnguyen
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue.  Basically, after I click on the microphone to talk to the camer.  The sound can be hear on the camera, but no sound come back from the camer to my phone, and you cannot get out of that mode unless you stop the live view and come back in

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering for review. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app that resolves this issue is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

greekspiro
Guide
Guide
It works!! I'll keep the one camera but I had already returned the other.
Adona
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where is the mic button? I just purchased this model yesterday and I hear the audio from the camera outside bit have no icon or mic button to push to talk? I'm on iPhone 6 and just downloaded the app yesterday so I'm assuming it's the most recent. Stuck 😞
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You use live view which will provide you with a mic icon to use.
Adona
Aspirant
Aspirant
Fantastic! I was trying anything and I switched to live yesterday but I didn't see the bar pop up with all the icons. Thanks
Jimbo19422
Aspirant
Aspirant

The mic icon does not appear on my live screen.  My iphone Arlo app uis updated to version 2.4.2.

I did have it when i installed my systemin June (2017), but when I went to use it the other day I can only hear the cameras and NO mic icon is there anymore.

Please help.

Jimbo19422

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you logged out from the menu and back in? If still no help, try reinstalling the app.
ghoffy
Aspirant
Aspirant

The mircophone will not work even though it's turned on!  No updates are needed.  That's why I bought this model.  What now!?

halobender
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue.  app is up-to-date, firmwares up-to-date. 

When trying to use micrphone within iOS app the speaker is muted and does not return until you stop the feed and restart it.  Not a good bug considering connecting in the first place takes a few seconds.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC