Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Volume on the cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
LtSteveCox
Tutor
Tutor

I have noticed many people having issues with the live volume on the ARLO Pro. Many have said the newest update fixed the problem. I have the newest update and it still exist. Some say it varies on the device used. I like most people, have the IPhone and IPad and feel like ARLO some fix the issues no matter what devise is used. Has anyone else experienced the same problem and if so, how did you rectify it? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you talking about the volume of the speaker on the camera itself? Or the volume output through your phone coming from the Arlo Pro microphone?

Sorry to burst your bubble but in 2016 Android had over 86% of the mobile OS market share in the world while iOS had less than 13%. Still, it is disappointing for everyone to see problems affecting iOS users only

LtSteveCox
Tutor
Tutor
I'm talking about the volume on the cameras. Themselves. (Trying to talk to someone who's at the door.). I hear you about the android Vs IOS. just don't understand why companies can't make products that work for both.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Mic volume is on max in the settings?

WilliamsJoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have no volume on the cameras when I push to talk. I have Samsung S7 Edge.  I have the latest update on cameras and Arlo unit.  If I get really close to the camera I can faintly hear something but not usalble.  Open to any ideas before I take the system back to the store.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You've got this volume setting on max, yeah?Screenshot_20170802-162410.png

WilliamsJoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, all cameras have volume at 100%.

mmaldona
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the same problem, no one can hear anything from the camera!!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are still experiencing this issue after checking your device settings to make sure there are no volume issues, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC