Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

The finger print login is missing

Discussion stats
aridair Aspirant
Aspirant

I spent two hours on a workaround for this annoying bug. Loggin into the Arlo app with username password once and then EXITING/KILLING the app, i.e., not LOGGING OUT, gets the fingerprint login the next time I start the Arlo app. A stupid bug that should've been fixed right away and still needs to be I guess.

rxn Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes that works for me. I've found another work-around, but only with Samsung phones. I've set up Samsung Pass to auto-fill the Arlo log-on with the user-name and password using my fingerprint. This is not as quick as your workaround, but much faster than having to enter username and password every time.

DonEllis Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using Android and the finger print login has only worked a few times after the update and then will stop working

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
rxn Aspirant
Aspirant

I find that the fingerprint log-in on my Samsung A20 Android always works for me as long as I don't 'Log Out' of the Arlo app. I also have Samsung Pass set up to auto fill the user/password fields which makes log-in quick and easy should I accidently log-out of the Arlo app.