Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
prkfreds
Follower
Follower

What happened to the finger print log in? I went in and changed profile but it still wants log in information typed in. What am I missing? The old app listed the e-mail and you just used finger print. Now you have to put it all in.

56 REPLIES 56
aridair
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spent two hours on a workaround for this annoying bug. Loggin into the Arlo app with username password once and then EXITING/KILLING the app, i.e., not LOGGING OUT, gets the fingerprint login the next time I start the Arlo app. A stupid bug that should've been fixed right away and still needs to be I guess.

rxn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes that works for me. I've found another work-around, but only with Samsung phones. I've set up Samsung Pass to auto-fill the Arlo log-on with the user-name and password using my fingerprint. This is not as quick as your workaround, but much faster than having to enter username and password every time.

DonEllis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using Android and the finger print login has only worked a few times after the update and then will stop working

rxn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I find that the fingerprint log-in on my Samsung A20 Android always works for me as long as I don't 'Log Out' of the Arlo app. I also have Samsung Pass set up to auto fill the user/password fields which makes log-in quick and easy should I accidently log-out of the Arlo app.

dpas
Initiate
Initiate
You can excuse this as a bug...along with a bunch of other issues like app crashes and complete failure to send notification...but in reality it is crappy software development and crappy project management all in the name of more proffit.

Fingerprint login will work intermittently, so folks are lulled into thinking it works, bit it will randomly stop even giving the prompt, halt notices, become an expensive paperweight set.

I have multiple other apps that use fingerprint flawlessly.
Arlo software is just crappy and the devs ate lazy or have no idea what they ate doing (quite common these days)...simple as that.
Problem is still not fixed as of June 2020.
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your post is spot on. Literally every problem I've had, and many others on this forum have, has 100% of the time been  on Arlo's end, regardless of how many times the Moderators or "Gurus" try to convince customers it's their router/WiFi, camera connection, or faulty phone.

I think the few competent programmers they had left or were reassigned when Netgear dumped Arlo to the curbside and spun them off as a separate company.

rxn
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the last 12 months I have not had any problems with fingerprint log-in, so long as I don't 'log-out'. However, I have had multiple problems with the cameras (3 of them) randomly going off-line, not notifying my email if motion is detected, and sometimes detecting motion when none is there. In the Android app getting a 'Live' view by tapping the arrow in the center of the image often stays stuck on 'Connecting...' . Very disappointing, and I think the Arlo software quality is suspect as I cannot blame the wi-fi or the Internet/phone connections since other unrelated app connections/functions work perfectly.