Telus Smart Hub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
CanadianKodiak
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using a Telus Smart Hub for internet access and it doesn't require a router. How can I hook up my Arlo security system to use Telus wifi provided by the Telus Smart Hub?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CanadianKodiak wrote:
I'm using a Telus Smart Hub for internet access and it doesn't require a router. How can I hook up my Arlo security system to use Telus wifi provided by the Telus Smart Hub?

First of all, it is a cloud service, and the data usage could be expensive.  You also should measure the upload speed.

All Arlo bases connect with ethernet.  So you need to get a WiFi extender that has an ethernet port.  Then pair the extender with your Telus Smart Hub.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CanadianKodiak wrote:

First of all, it is a cloud service, and the data usage could be expensive.  You also should measure the upload speed.

All Arlo bases connect with ethernet.  So you need to get a WiFi extender that has an ethernet port.  Then pair the extender with your Telus Smart Hub.

CanadianKodiak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I purchased an extender and it worked fantastically.