Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Punkysue
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can someone tell me how to fix issue. I’m receiving message getting status for days on my iPhone and my husbands iPhone. I can view recorded videos but can’t see live videos. This camera is set up at elderly parents house. This camera was purchased by another family. I have the nest and there is no comparison. Nest performs way better. What good is it if you can’t view live video. Little late if there is a problem once we get the message that has already occurred. Videos only last very short time and cut off just seconds when it comes on to record. Definitely had issues. Looks like we will have to purchase the Nest if the app don’t fix the issues soon. Seems to work on the tablet at their house but not with the app on our phones
17 REPLIES 17
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Punkysue

I have a few questions for you.

1. Who has the granted access accounts? or are you logging in to the Admin account on multiple phones?
  2. What version of the Arlo app are the phones running?
  3. What version of iOS are the iPhones running?
  4. Have you tried to remove > Re-install the Arlo app?
Saske
Guide
Guide
Same issue with me. The app was working fine 3 days ago on my iphone ( iOS 13.5.1) And today everytime I open the app it is stuck in signing in then it wont load the app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and restarted my phone but still the app wont work. Please help me fix this.
bonjovy4
Initiate
Initiate

For last 2 day my system only shoving <getting status >no video nothing, does anybody know what is the problem what should i do .thank

seaturtle
Initiate
Initiate

System is stuck on getting status. Restarting the android phone,  Arlo app and base station did not help. How do I remedy this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you locked out of you Arlo app now or is this periodic? What are the status led light(s) displaying on the front of your base station?

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue - stuck on Getting Status, with no changes on anything on my end. @ShayneS please stop wasting our time, It's another Arlo-side problem, like every single other one...

dcfox1
Master
Master
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@dcfox1 Beg your pardon? The Arlo team comes into every thread trying to blame customers and waste hours of their time when almost always there is something wrong on Arlo's end.

This same issue is in 3 or 4 different forums on this site - so if you're trying to shame me, then shame on you for not researching first.

@dcfox1 wrote:

@mamarcac  shame on someone trying to help. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes some people are having problems but not everyone its fine for me. They are trying to help the ones that do. 

MichaelVic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Preferably one that does not include restarting the modem, as in my case I am using it to moitor a property 100km's away.

Also, please don't suggest to me that I remove and then reload the App onto my phone. I have probably done that half a dozen times already.

How about an email from Arlo that says please download the following firmware update that includes a fix to this problem.

Thank you.

Audmac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. Have tried all the usual things. Last IOS, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, unplugged base, tried to add new base and new devices. Very frustrating and a complete waste of our time. 
Please do an update to fix ASAP!!!

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

`it is related to an issue with the arlo app Ver 2.19.2.

Plenty of threads about it all across devices from pro up to Ultra.

Seem to be an IOS app only.

Can we get an estimate when it should be fixed?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Is this issue still occuring with the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App version 2.20?

MichaelVic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. Version 2.20_28160

Please help as this is so so annoying.
FreshPancakez
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got my Arlo Ultra 2 SmartHub 4-camera set delivered. I am trying to set them up, but the iPhone and iPad app only shows “Getting status...” for each camera and I am not able to click on any of the cameras to see functionality or video. It works on a web browser (albeit very delayed, which is disappointing), but the apps do not work at all. This seems to be a common issue on this thread. Does Arlo have a fix for this or is it in process? Please advise.
Saske
Guide
Guide
I just closed the app and opened it again then it worked.. so far as of now this issue did not happen again. Or have you tried updating or phone’s ios or os? Sometimes due to the phone’s os it needs to be compatible with the arlo app.