Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Still having difficulty hearing sound on the Arlo Pro - Speaker is WEAK!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
AJMRN30
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased two Arlo Pro cameras to add to my other six Arlo (non-pro) camera system.  The immediate draw, for me, was the two-way communication.  I installed both of the Pro's and the picture and video quality are excellent.  The sound from the internal mic on the cam is pretty good. 

The problem is that when you attempt to speak to someone at the Arlo Pro cam, they can barely hear me.  They have to be really straining to listen.  The volume is up to the max on my app.  The Pro cameras are installed outside, but in the entrances of my home and the external environment is typically quiet. 

I need some real solutions for this problem.  I've logged a support case and they have not offered any real solutions. Rather, they pretend that this is not a KNOWN Issue with the Arlo Pro cameras. 

I'm open to any suggestions.  Otherwise, I'll return my Pro's and hope that Netgear gets this resolved in the future.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Right now only the use of a computer solves this. Until we can somehow increase the mic gain on a mobile device, or Netgear figures out how to do it for us, the issue remains. It appears to be a limitation of the mobile OSes rather than Arlo itself.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AJMRN30,

Do you notice the same behavior when using the web client on a computer as suggested above or does this only occur from the mobile app?

JamesC

TommyZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Whether I use the Arlo software and speak from my Galaxy smartphone or from my laptop, a person standing within a few feet of my Arlo Pro camera can barely hear me, even if I am speaking in a very loud voice.  I know that this has been an ongoing issue and was supposedly "solved" in the community forum by a firmware update, but I have firmware version 1.090.0.0_9945, which I am assuming was issued after the firmware update that supposedly solved this audio problem.  Am I using the most recent version?  Why can't people standing within feet of my Arlo Pro camera barely hear me?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Because it's still an issue with mobile devices. I have an open case on this and just updated it today saying that nothing has changed.
Birl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too recently purchased Arlo Pro. I'm having difficulty hearing the speaker on the camera. How do I raise the volume. I'm told by the outside party that they can hear me fine via the cameras mic. Just very low on my end.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Birl,

Very low on your end indicates the volume is down on the device you are using. Check your device settings and increase the speaker volume.

JamesC