Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detec

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jsorese
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I have two 4030 cameras mounted outside my house.

The first one is above my front door and works great.  This camera motion detection sensivity is set at 90 percent. 

The second is mounted on the side of the house looking almost directly down about 10 feet off the ground.  Starting about 9 pm the motion detection  sensor gets an alert and they don't stop until the sun comes up the next morning.  The past two night I have had over 350 alerts in my library for this one camera.  I have viewed some of the videos and there does not seem to be anything moving.  It has not been windy either night so I am sure it is not leaves. 

Is it possible that having the camera point almost directly down would cause the issue or is there someother configuration change that I can make to make it works better.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I can say that I had a camera going off mutli times at night... it was a spider/ web on the PIR.

But I would say to get the camera down to check  and just do a reset of the camera by pulling then replacing the battery pack...

If it continues, I would use SETTING>REMOVE DEVICE and bring the camera back as if neww ( this will set all to default and erase a glitch if one )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------