Starlink and Arlo Pro Base VMB4000

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ScottFortuna
Follower
Follower

I've had the Arlo Pro system for 5+ years. No complaints. I got Starlink in January of this year. Figured out I needed the Starlink ethernet adapter because the router has no ethernet ports to connect the Arlo base to. Once the ethernet adapter came, I connected the Arlo base to Starlink and had no problems for several months.

Recently, the wired connection between my VMB4000 base and Starlink keeps dropping out. Looking at my device connections on Starlink, I can watch it drop and re-connect in real-time. Bought a new Arlo base from eBay. Same issue. Cannot set up the new base because the wired connection keeps dropping and the Arlo app is not finding the new device.

Clearly, something has changed. An Arlo firmware update, or a Starlink update, or something.

I like the VMB4000 system with 2 cameras magnetically mounted. Simple and reliable. I don't want to buy a new system.

I'm wondering if a simple ethernet switch between Arlo and Starlink will help. It seems like the closer connection between internet and base would be best and adding a switch in between will not improve things, but I'm out of ideas.

Things should be getting simpler for the end-user, not more complicated...

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScottFortuna wrote:

I'm wondering if a simple ethernet switch between Arlo and Starlink will help. 

It might solve it, and is inexpensive to try.