Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Server Problem. Video Won't Play & Some Recordings Are Missing

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
12mk21
Star
Star

This has been happening for about a week. Some videos are not recording and and also some videos that are recorded that have a thumbnail, some of them won't play when clikcing on them. This is an issue with Arlo's Media Server. I know this becasue we also have USB storage attached to record teh backup. The videos on the USB are all OK. So Please Arlo, fix this problem!!!!! 

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

12mk21,

How often are you experiencing this issue? Will the videos that won't play work if you try playing them on a different device?

JamesC

12mk21
Star
Star
Ever since this issue started. I would say maybe 1 in 5 video don't show up at all on Arlo. And then for.those that do have a thumbnail , about 1/3 of them can't be play. It doesn't matter what device playing from. It's the same videos that won't playback across all devices. Android app or computer browser via either IE or Chrome. So the issue is some videos don't get upload at all. And for those videos that do get uploaded, some of these are corrupted and can't playback.
However, all videos on the USB backup attached to base station are OK. But that's doesn't do any good if you are not home to view it. Also it's hassle to have to unplug and plug into a computer to view the videos. The USB should only work as a backup. Not a go to for view videos
swoodard
Guide
Guide
Same issues on new iPhone xs max. Video records but will not play while trying to view on the phone. I can sign in on my iPad pro and video plays perfectly.
DblA
Tutor
Tutor

I have been experiencing the same issue for about two weeks. I get motion alerts consistently, but about 20-30% of the time there is no video recorded.

swoodard
Guide
Guide
How do we go about turning in a ticket for this issue seems like nobody has any resolutions hear
Laylabird
Guide
Guide
I have had the same problem but if I download the video (that won't play in the app) I can view it minus the audio.
What a pain!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. On the 3rd page are options.

12mk21
Star
Star
There was a noticeable improvement today. There was only one corrupted video out of 50-ish videos. And also all videos that we're triggered had a thumbnail on the server. The last time I contacted Arlo support was on Friday. I don't know if the issue is slowly fixing by itself or Arlo is finally repairing it
12mk21
Star
Star
Also want to add to the above. The notifications on triggers are substantial slower now. Before this issue, the trigger to notification used to be just a few seconds at most. Now there is a delay up to around 30 seconds.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's usually due to Arlo SMart being used. Deactivate the cameras in Settings, Smart notifications and notifications will be faster. Of course, then you lose the Smart processing the notifications.

12mk21
Star
Star
We don't have Arlo Smart. Unrelated.
swoodard
Guide
Guide
So seen Arlo had a update today but of course our issue were not addressed. As soon as the update was completed I armed and recorded some video went to the library and again the video recorded yet once I hit play the video shows on a still image while the time bar moves along. I go to the iPad pro and video displays perfectly. This is obviously a Arlo iPhone XS Max issue and not a ios issue. Very frustrating