Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

monymaru
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all!

I've had my Arlo Pro system (4 cameras) set up and going for about a year now. After some initial hiccups, all is well and I'm really happy with the system. So much so, that I recently bought another Arlo Pro system (3 cameras this time), to be able to have a closer base station to the rear of my property (splitting the 2 for front and rear coverage). 

During initial setup, the second base station can not connect to the internet - the middle LED on the base station is amber. I've checked my router and I can see the base station has an IP address. I can ping it ok. All my devices in the house can connect to the internet ok. Even my original Arlo Pro base station has no issue (Can I rule out router misconfiguration?). I've factory resetted the base station about 5 times now trying to get it to work. I've restarted my router multiple times too.

In summary, my original Arlo Pro system has been going strong for about a year now, and continues to do so. My new base station cannot connect to the internet during initial setup, so I'm stuck at step one trying to add this base station to my network.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

I know I could just connect the 3 new cameras to the original base station, but that will defeat the purpose of getting that extra base station - better wifi signals at the rear of the property.

132 REPLIES 132
gnelscrim
Tutor
Tutor
I am now considering returning them. They have run fine for a month, but this incident of outage and poor communication from Netgear may have swung the door shut for me.
terrorpin
Initiate
Initiate
Me too! Green light I am going to start configuring now before everyone else wakes up.
hellobethie
Guide
Guide
Still out - going on 18 hours for me.
bbay49
Guide
Guide

Resolved...

Serice Outage started at approx noon on 11/24.

Tried several things from community forum (disconnected base, reset router / modem, played around with port 80, Reset Base)

Sent help email to Arlo (got a case number) - No help / response from Arlo.

Posted Question on this board.

Got response from several users - sharing the same issue - saying it was an outage from Arlo.

Disconnected the base for the day.... at about 8 pm - was not going to mess my day further....Cat Mad

Had left the Arlo Base disconnected overnight.

Plugged it back this morning (7 EST).

Got the Green Internet Light on the Arlo Base!!! Cat Very Happy

Since I had factory reset the base (should not have done this!!!!) - had to go through the initial setup process all over again.

Synced all cameras again.....

Redo all my custom Modes that were created!!!!

Happy that the system is back up!

Unhappy that I jumped the gun on Factory Resetting the Base!!

Frustarated that Arlo would not post a general advisory about the outage on their website!!!

Even a generic message on the app that the server is down - please try later - would have told the users that the problem is not on the user end..... would have been nice!!!!

Have a good day all.............................................

hellobethie
Guide
Guide

Finally my internet LED went green but my camera LED is orange. Is this something I can fix or do I have to keep waiting on Arlo for them to fix this? I am so beyond frustrated right now. I expect them to do something to rectify this. Why did I drop $500 on something to have it only work for 12 hours? Ugh.

AsoloHeart1955
Star
Star

I still have the same issues. Of course it was after working on the system for hours and hours back and forth to the cold weather. The first issue started with black video and night and day settings then while working on it all the system went down but no word from Arlo so spent hours and hours up all night. Finally found this community posts and found out it was not me. Still no camera use but can view old library. web green light but cameras amber still. I am wih Spectrum and have no issues with them. Also wonder what else I need to do to feel protected again. Of course for new Arlo people this is not normal. Been with them couple years. First time this big issue.

Joel_Jax2018
Star
Star

It is now running as of 11/25/2017 this morning!  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Attempt to resync your cameras... the led should go green.

( other non-connect issue appears to be server/far side related )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Joel_Jax2018
Star
Star

Arlo Base Station is up and running as of 11/25/2017.   

Joel_Jax2018
Star
Star

Arlo is back up and running now.   Hope yours is too.

Joel_Jax2018
Star
Star

Arlo is now running as of 11/25/2017.   Hope yours is running!  

Joel_Jax2018
Star
Star

Arlo Base station is running now as of 11/25/2017.   Hope yours is back up too.

hellobethie
Guide
Guide
Update: I had to actually remove my base station, re-add it, then resync all cameras. 😞 Not exactly what I wanted to do and now I have to redo all my scheduling but at least they are working.
AM11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Internet LED is finally green. But it still shows that the base is offline. Tried to sync up the camera but camera is LED is orange.

AM11
Aspirant
Aspirant
MartinCuthbert
Aspirant
Aspirant
Internet turned to Solíd green.
But Now cámaras cant sync!!!

Is this still part of the global problem?

Please your help and comments
Soup8508
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have only had the camera set for a couple days now, nonissue with the cameras, they work great....when I can view them. The app constantly tells me that it is experiencing difficulties and cannot access my account. My internet is super fast and strong signal so that’s not an issue, any recommendations? Maybe an app update coming soon?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS ??

ps... the servers had issues yesterday and were down a bit

Morse is faster than texting!
Nichols55
Star
Star
November 25, 2017. I’m new to the Netgear community as I’ve only had cameras for 2 months. I couldn’t even login yesterday and view old footage, let alone record new footage. A bit scary that the system goes down randomly for nearly 24 hours because those of us who got cameras bought them because we NEED them. 24 hour glitches are too long. Communication to your customers would be helpful during your ‘unexpected issues’. Love these cameras and considering more, but not if they’re going to function occasionally.
Soup8508
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone
SUMNER6
Guide
Guide
Yep. I heard my phone buzz around 2:30am. And saw it was green. I went ahead and got up and gathered up my cameras and had to sync them all again because I had downs hard reset 12 hrs earlier. Lol. Hopefully they fixed the issue. Next time I know to be more patient before I rip all the walls out of the house trying to find the problem.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

See Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1976975219181255&id=1540756022803179

and the Arlo forums.

Arlo Smart Home Security - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
MGorgol
Star
Star

Wanted to share my experience...I also had reset and removed the hub. Needless to say I tried hitting the sync button on the camera and then running down the ladder and then hitting the sync button on the hub and it worked..Possibly because it had previously been sync'd?? I don't know but in the end I didn't have to take down each camera and hold it 1-3 away from the hub. Also it kept the name of the Camera etc as well.

Wheresmyarlo
Tutor
Tutor
At least yours can detect motion. Mine can't even do that lol
Joel_Jax2018
Star
Star

Don't feel bad, we have these experience too.   Once the internet is down we just have to leave the Arlo alone until it comes back up.  Sometimes you will have to take the cameras down and redo it again to set it back if it doesn't respond.  Have a blessing day!!!

JG