Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

monymaru
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all!

I've had my Arlo Pro system (4 cameras) set up and going for about a year now. After some initial hiccups, all is well and I'm really happy with the system. So much so, that I recently bought another Arlo Pro system (3 cameras this time), to be able to have a closer base station to the rear of my property (splitting the 2 for front and rear coverage). 

During initial setup, the second base station can not connect to the internet - the middle LED on the base station is amber. I've checked my router and I can see the base station has an IP address. I can ping it ok. All my devices in the house can connect to the internet ok. Even my original Arlo Pro base station has no issue (Can I rule out router misconfiguration?). I've factory resetted the base station about 5 times now trying to get it to work. I've restarted my router multiple times too.

In summary, my original Arlo Pro system has been going strong for about a year now, and continues to do so. My new base station cannot connect to the internet during initial setup, so I'm stuck at step one trying to add this base station to my network.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

I know I could just connect the 3 new cameras to the original base station, but that will defeat the purpose of getting that extra base station - better wifi signals at the rear of the property.

132 REPLIES 132
Klcm
Guide
Guide
Based on what I have read and my conversation with the Geek Squad this is typical of Netgear but maybe not to this extreme.
maggiehicks
Initiate
Initiate
the server is down or something. they just tweeted.
the solid amber on internet means it is connected to router just not to the netgear arlo server.
SUMNER6
Guide
Guide

Its about 8:30 CT and still amber light. Are others still having issues? I spent hours screwing with this before i saw this thread 😞

MartinCuthbert
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im from Chile.
I installed the cámaras and worked perfectly.

Today unfortunately cámaras shut down suddenly!!
The base station is showing the amber light for internet.

Tríed changing the ethernet cable, reset modem, reset station, called to open port 80, 443 and 123.
And still not working!!

Dont know what else to do

Please if you can assist with some instrucciones!!

Best regards,
MC
Jesstrae2714
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an ATT 5268AC router and after plugging in the Ethernet cord to the Arlo base the internet connection light remains amber. Has anyone had and been able to solve this problem?

splitbumper
Star
Star

It is possible Netgear/Arlo is having issues or may even be their AWS cloud provider.  Earlier today I was receiving authentication errors when trying to connect from my mobile app to see my cameras.  The same thing was happening on the website from my computer too.  Even though the authentication issue seems to be resolved, my base station hasn't successfully connected since all of this started today.  I have rebooted all my internet equipment with no change.  Netgear/Arlo really needs a status page so their users aren't unnecessarily reseting their system and getting very frustrated.

bbay49
Guide
Guide

Yes, my issue started around 12 EST and still solid Amber ....

sent an email help request... got a case number assigned ... this was about 4 hrs ago.... no response from arlo............  was pretty happy with the system up to this point... but this is starting to get me change my opinion

AznGunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this problem...amber on internet connection, but my router is online.  I had this trouble during the system outtage this afternoon around 4pm central time.  I can now login to my arlo account, but my base station is offline.  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you disconnect your first base and connect the 2nd base to the same ethernet port that your first base is plugged into, can you power up the second base and wait a couple of minutes and get Green Power, Green internet, no camera LED?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

There was a problem with the Arlo servers a few hours ago. Try starting your base in another half an hour. If that doesn't work, give support a call/email

tizi2701
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issues, went through all the troubleshooting steps, even rebooted the router and everything. Could not get through with the Customer service phone. Any updates or official information anywhere?

Klcm
Guide
Guide
Same here......I worked on this for 3 hr before reading the community threads. The server is still down based on the number of new posts as I have monitoring posts for the last 2hrs
nickdraine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

SUMNER6
Guide
Guide

Nope. 😞  Still Amber Light

PT73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday I purchased an Arlo Pro 4 (4 cameras) and connected it to my Telstra modem.  Worked fine. No problems at all.

Today Ive gone to look at my base station and noticed that there is an orange light in the middle (not connected to the internet).  I have re booted my modem and also rebooted the base station.  Still wont connect to the internet.

Is its something to do with my modem settings?  Port forwarding?  I have no idea how to find a solution. Can anyone help?

thanks

base station is VMB4000 

Wheresmyarlo
Tutor
Tutor
This is absolutely ridiculous. I had to wait on hold for an hour just for Arlo to tell me that their servers are down. If this is not up and running in a couple hours, I'm returning to Costco for a competing product
Mnewth21
Initiate
Initiate

Same issues here too.  I think I jumped the gun to on the factory reset.  Any ETA on issues/outage?  

SUMNER6
Guide
Guide

Dont blame you i have spent a small fortune on this system. I wouldnt be as upset had they posted something on the site to let people know or even had a recording that said something when we called rather than be on hold all night. Very poor customer service. I will be leaving lots of bad reviews.

Jubalmj
Tutor
Tutor
Does anyone knows if I our in a blank NTFS formatted USB if it would work without the servers?
terrorpin
Initiate
Initiate

I was getting frustrated and dismayed by my purchase until I saw this thread. I am now starting to believe that this problem is the result of a system outage. I have been troubleshooting and hacking at my network trying to get the amber Internet connection light to go away. I opened up incoming ports on my FiOS Quantum router, added the device to my DMZ, and dropped my firewall to bare minimum to no avail. I will be lurking  here for someone to let us know if this was a system problem or that they were successfull with a new installation.

Thanks in advance for any follow-ups!

Happy Thanksgiving!

PT73
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks Joseph, i really appreciate your reply.  seems as though their system is down.

would be great if they could have notified us sooner.

have a great day.

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree

i wasted some time on it earlier in the day 

Wheresmyarlo
Tutor
Tutor
This is absolutely ridiculous. I had to wait on hold for an hour just for Arlo to tell me that their servers are down. If this is not up and running in a couple hours, I'm returning to Costco for a competing product
PT73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it is ridiculous. They have our email addresses atleast they could have emailed us the problem i only bought mine yesterday and thought it was just my base station. 7 hrs !!! Of trying to sort ot out.