Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second Arlo Pro Base Station "cannot connect to internet" (middle LED amber) but first one can

monymaru
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all!

I've had my Arlo Pro system (4 cameras) set up and going for about a year now. After some initial hiccups, all is well and I'm really happy with the system. So much so, that I recently bought another Arlo Pro system (3 cameras this time), to be able to have a closer base station to the rear of my property (splitting the 2 for front and rear coverage). 

During initial setup, the second base station can not connect to the internet - the middle LED on the base station is amber. I've checked my router and I can see the base station has an IP address. I can ping it ok. All my devices in the house can connect to the internet ok. Even my original Arlo Pro base station has no issue (Can I rule out router misconfiguration?). I've factory resetted the base station about 5 times now trying to get it to work. I've restarted my router multiple times too.

In summary, my original Arlo Pro system has been going strong for about a year now, and continues to do so. My new base station cannot connect to the internet during initial setup, so I'm stuck at step one trying to add this base station to my network.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

I know I could just connect the 3 new cameras to the original base station, but that will defeat the purpose of getting that extra base station - better wifi signals at the rear of the property.

132 REPLIES 132
Soup8508
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah but can’t view it...so that’s pointless
Wheresmyarlo
Tutor
Tutor
Just bought the Arlo pro yesterday and was just on the phone with tech support India for two hours. The motion detection doesn't even work. And it records audio even when audio isn't checked. So frustrated I went and got nest instead
karambit
Guide
Guide

Is the Sync light on or off/amber or green?

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Valued Arlo Customers…

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

Arlo Community Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Wheresmyarlo
Tutor
Tutor
I have returned my Arlo system after yesterday and today. Never will that happen again. After the Arlo not working and then a large issue with the motion sensor, it's back in costcos hands.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

steve_t wrote:

Weirdly, they did post something on facebook but not here!

Yes of course, too bad for us poor idiots who are not on Facebook but decided to buy Arlo products any way. You’d think the “community” would’ve been a more logical place to post something.

RLgreg520
Tutor
Tutor
1.] Bought the arlo pro kit thursday night during thanksgiving.. i charged it all night ..
2.] Friday I Installed it outside in the morning and it went offline in the evening. Took it inside and charged it. no.ticed that the battery went to 0%
3] Saturday i installed it out and it went offline again with battery drained to 0%.. Charged it agsin all night.
4] Sunday morning i installed it outside again.. here i am very disappointed as i am typing my frustrations here.
5.] Tomorrow i am returning this package to Target.. . And will never get an Arlo .....

More: in step 1 during the setup here are the issues that i encountere:
- Device already claimed. I have to reset the base to correct this issue
- authentication server not available. I have to wait till Friday morning and i eventually was able to finish the setup..
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC