Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
WireWolf86
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

i have a strange one here. ive had Arlo for over a year now. my set up is this:

• 2 x Arlo Pro Cameras - one internal, one external
  • 1 x Base station

I havent had any issues over the year that ive had both cameras set up. I use a schedule to turn my cameras on and off, this schedule was initially created when i initially set the system up, and hasnt changed since. The schedule is this:

• 00:00 - 06:30 - Outside and Inside
  • 06:30 - 08:30 - Outside Only
  • 08:30 - 17:30 - Outside and Inside
  • 17:30 - 23:00 - Outside Only
  • 23:00 - 00:00 - Outside and Inside

This has always worked without issue. If i go downstairs for anything (toilet, drink, sleep walk etc) the internal camera always picked up the movement and would record it.

Now however, after midnight, the internal camera doesnt record a thing until the next time the camera comes on for the next schedule which is 08:30.

I have ditched that section o the schedule and recreated it twice but it still doesnt pick anything up internally. The external camera is picking things up as expected.

When i use my iOS app (which is fully up to date) after midnight, and go to 'Mode' it shows as 'Disarmed' even though outside is recording things and the schedule says it should be on.

any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WireWolf86
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in responding. ive been away.

I can confirm that this has now been resolved. I ditched the entire schedule and recreated it. I now only have two modes. Armed and Outside only.

I then created the schedule to stop at 23:59pm and begin again at 00:00 instead of going to 00:00 then 00:00. i think the schedule was getting confused between the two being that they were essentially the same.

MWARD1308 - if i were you i would consider amending your schedules that cross over at midnight to end a minute before midnight and then begin again at midnight. it worked for me. hopefully it will for you too.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
WireWolf86
Tutor
Tutor

Ive just swapped the schedules which include both cameras to be on, to the Armed schedule. ill see if this works. i dont know why i didnt do this in the first instance

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try changing the schedule to stop at 11:59PM instead of 12:00AM. Leave everything else alone. ANy luck?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, make sure when you create schedules that you do not go thru midnight....

you go up to 1159pm and then continue the time slot the next day at 12 midnight

( yes the 1159pm goes to 11;59:59 , so you don't miss a min )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
WireWolf86
Tutor
Tutor

Hi both,

i didnt see these replies until just now so ill make the changes to my schedule now.

My initial change of swapping rhe schedule where both cameras are on, to Armed, didnt work. it showed as disarmed after midnight and didnt record anything.

im going to ditch the entire schedule and recreate it and do as suggested with the midnight timings.

will report back tomorrow.

Thanks,

Adam

mward1308
Star
Star

I am having the exact same issue. No matter how I set up my schedule, after midnight it always reverts to Disarm. This is completely unacceptable. At the time I want to rely on my system the most (at night) it fails me because of a software issue with scheduling. This has been reported in other topics of discussion but it is still not resolved. One moderator advised that the problem was fixed a few days ago but it has not been fixed.

I have three Arlo systems in three separate locations. I am disappointed at the lack of responsiveness from Netgear about these issues.  I have considered adding extra cameras but at this point, I am considering selling these and starting over with another brand. I have to be able to rely on my security system. 

WireWolf86
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in responding. ive been away.

I can confirm that this has now been resolved. I ditched the entire schedule and recreated it. I now only have two modes. Armed and Outside only.

I then created the schedule to stop at 23:59pm and begin again at 00:00 instead of going to 00:00 then 00:00. i think the schedule was getting confused between the two being that they were essentially the same.

MWARD1308 - if i were you i would consider amending your schedules that cross over at midnight to end a minute before midnight and then begin again at midnight. it worked for me. hopefully it will for you too.

VioerGator
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having this exact same problem. Using the schedule the system reverts to disarmed after midnight. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread. I was running 2 modes, a day mode and a night mode. I scheduled the night mode from 2000-2359 and again from 0000-0615. That didn’t work so I even tried making a night mode 2 and scheduled night from 2000-2359 and night 2 from 0000-0615. The scheduling system works fine transitioning to the day mode and it works fine transitioning to the initial night mode; however, it has dissarmed after midnight every day.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

VioerGator,

Can you provide screenshots of what your schedules look like?

VioerGator
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is a screen shot. This is a recurring schedule, everyday without change.
VioerGator
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is a screenshot of my various modes.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting your base. I'd also rebuild the schedule.

VioerGator
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, I’ve done both. I unplugged the base to force the reset as well as rebuilt the schedule. It still dearms after midnight.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rather than continuing to "try this, try that," reset the system. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update any firmware if prompted as you go. Rebuild everything.  

VioerGator
Aspirant
Aspirant
Because I wanted to completely reset the system as a last resort. I thought the point of this was to see if others had a similar problem, so that maybe I could fix it without the pain of a complete reset.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Completely understood. The catch is that a reset would be faster then waiting for a response and trying thingsbthat bdon't fix the problm. I don't suggest this lightly, just trying to reduce the time and effort in fixing things.

mward1308
Star
Star

POSSIBLE TEMPORARY FIX TO SCHEDULING PROBLEM - (No more than two schedule changes per day)

I have two modes that I use with scheduling, DAY and NIGHT. During the day (0700-1900) I have all of the cameras set to a lower sensitivity. At night (1900-0700) the sensitivity increases and I also have notifications turned on so that I receive an email with any activity. That makes it easier to review motion events in the morning. I have attempted to set the schedule seven days a week with the following hours:

0000-0700 NIGHT

0700-1900 DAY

1900-2359 NIGHT

Every time midnight rolls around in that configuration the system is automatically disarmed. The hours of 0000-0700 are the hours where I need reliable coverage the most and having the cameras go into a disarmed state is simply not acceptable. I have found a workaround that is not ideal, but it seems to be getting me by for now. If I use the schedule 0000-0700 NIGHT and 0700-2359 DAY the system seems to stay armed as programmed through the night. My cameras are not as sensitive as I would like during the initial dark hours, but this is better than being disarmed altogether. 

The hitch seems to appear when there are more than two changes per day. I hope this helps someone to pinpoint the problem by sharing this information. I have tried all other recommendations to include a full factory reset, redoing the schedule from scratch....EVERYTHING! None of the other suggestions worked to make the schedule function as it is supposed to. 

I find it immensely frustrating that this issue still persists after all of this time. I hope that I am not wasting my time typing this. I have three Arlo systems in three separate locations with a total of 25 cameras. I recently upgraded many of my cameras from Pros to Pro 2s. My career puts me in contact with people on a daily basis who have been burglarized, vandalized, harassed, and assaulted. I have recommended Arlo cameras to literally hundreds of people. I know of dozens who have bought Arlo systems because of my recommendation and the fact that I have invested in the system myself. Luckily many of those individuals do not use more advanced features such as scheduling, but if they did they would be just as frustrated as the rest of us. 

Arlo camera systems are too good of a product to allow simple issues such as this scheduling problem overshadow the other great features and benefits. Please invest the time into resolving this problem. I would like to continue to be able to recommend this product to others and tell them that the system is dependable. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi mward1308,

Have you tried to contact customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you.

Arlo Tech Support

mward1308
Star
Star

The scheduling problem has been resolved for me in the latest firmware update. Now, I have a few other issues that I have opened tickets for with tech support. I seems that we are taking one step forward and two steps back here........

dfwald
Tutor
Tutor

I just started having the same issue with the last firmware upgrade almost two weeks ago.  I have an Armed mode where all four of my cameras are armed from midnight to 7 AM and from 6 PM to midnight daily.  I also have a mode where one camera only is armed for daytime usage.  Since the last firmware, my cameras have been disarmed unless I have only one change in mode per day instead of two.  I'm now stuck having only one camera on during part of the night because of this.  I need this fixed ASAP.  The last issues I had were finally fixed and now this happens?!?!   I used to have schedule not working unless I left out one minute at midnight and the battery usage was very high.  Those were solved just recently.  This last issue of only one schedule mode change allowed per day needs urgent fixing.

David

Four Arlo Pros

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is your current schedule? It might be worthwhile to use a browser to recreate the schedule - delete all and start fresh. It's also possible that recreating the modes from fresh would help.  Make sure that the evening schedule ends at 11:59PM and the morni ng one starts at 12AM. There's no loss in the minute since the 11:59PM setting is for the whole minute.

Ron211
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue with schedule disarmed after midnight. I bought the Arlo Pro 2 - 2 cam system beginning of this month. Updated firmware and app. Here’s a screenshot of what I have
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes using a browser for modes, rules and schedule works better. Try deleting your schedule and recreate it on a browser.