Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MaxPowers
Guide
Guide

Recently (w/in past week) I noticed I'm unable to log into "My Arlo" website while using Safari web browser.  The website only displays the arlo bird, and no login option.  Anyone else have this problem, or know of a solution?

Tried Google Chrome and it works fine.

55 REPLIES 55
jm26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem here as everyone else who has posted.  Can't log onto Arlo with Safari 9.1.2.  Flash is up to date.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, logging in has nothing to do with Flash.  The site just needs https access to arlo.netgear.com. Have you tried another browser?  Does the app work ok when on the same network?

ArtGeo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problem as everyone else on my laptop (Safari 9.1), but the login worked fine on my iMac (Version 11.0.1) and on Explorer. Deleting Caches, updating Flash, and restarting didn't work, but then I updated the whole Operating System to High Sierra, which automatically updated Safari to Version 11.0.1, and now the login appears and works fine! Hope this helps.

mastcell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded Google Chrome

Arlo.netgear.com does work with Chrome on my older macs running OSX 10.9.5.

Chrome is subjectively faster than Safari, but it is such a hassle to switch as one also need to port all the passwords and web history across.

Whilst using Chrome partly resolve the issue, it is still very disappointing that Netgear cannot be bothered to make arlo work with older versions of Safari. Not everyone can update to the lastest MacOS. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I understand the frustration but there's NO company that keeps updating new software with old equipment and OSes. There's always a cutoff at some point and workarounds have to be found.

Not familiar with how Chrome works on a Mac but check the settings - there may be a way to import your Safari "stuff" into Chrome.  I see Settings, People, Import Bookmarks and Settings that may do this for you.

davidmildon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot log in to Arlo site via Safari on Macbook Pro. Problem first occurred several days ago.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different browser?

1skigal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks all- I updated my browser & now it's working fine.
piram
Aspirant
Aspirant

"You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again."

this is what I get when I try to login. tried safari, chrome, etc - same error. no other tabs open. basically can not access arlo site from computer now (used to work just a week ago). very dissapointing that the only suggested solution is "use other browser" - this is not a solution.

brh
Master
Master

@piram

I don't use Safari but this is the message from JamesC's post to get it to work with Chrome:

For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting this in your url bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If that doesn't work, clear your browsing history in Chrome.

My guess is that you need to do the same for Safari

Brian

TBOZ
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also getting from about a week ago:

'You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again.'

Can access via iphone but not from a variety of web browsers. Very odd.

piram
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't understand why they hide their head in the sand about this issue. Restarted browser, cleared cookies, nothing helps. Clearly the website is broken somehow as it happens for many people.

Addie12
Initiate
Initiate

I haven't been able to login to arlo for the last week or so. It kept complaining that I had to clear my browser history. After several attempts as well as rebooting my system nothing worked. I noticed that this started happening about 1-2 weeks after I switched from using Edge to Chrome to get my mic to work. I finally got it working my following JamesC's recommendations - 1. Paste this in URL (chrome) browser, chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com, and click on Remove All. 2. I aslo went to my browser Advance settings and allowed Adobe flash to always run. I removed all my cookies from IE, Edge and Chrome, rebooted and then it started working again. Phew! Thanks JamesC for the help.

Addie12
Initiate
Initiate

I also like to add that when this issue started happening and I couldn't monitor my cameras, I was at least counting on that I could check my email account for any alerts but somehow this also stopped working. I hope that the Arlo team can really look into this so that at least we can continue to receive alerts when we're unable to login. I honestly thought I got hacked and started to turn off my cameras.

jackiepal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me in Chrome for about a week.  Any fix for it?

CameraOp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting the same message in Safari. The site works fine in Firefox.

Safari has the latest java and it's specifically turned on for the arlo page.

I cleared cookies, restarted browser, restarted computer. Same message.

OS X 10.12.6

Safari 11.0.3

Firefox 59.0.1

Mickey1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with Firefox.  Need help also.

Krugfab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried Chrome and others have tried Firefox??? Still same problem?

Works fine on cell/i-phone but no connection with desktop?

brh
Master
Master

@Mickey1

Have you tried Private browsing?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Krugfab

Have you tried Private browsing?

Brian

Mickey1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have tried other browsers and still the same problem.

sltjax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone else seen this message:

"You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again."  

I am using Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Edge web browsers. 

Mickey1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem,  I am using Firefox web browser and have tried Chrome and Interner Explorer with the same results.  I have turned off my Kaspersky anti virus and no help.  Not sure what Netgear did to suddenly change. 

Please let me know if you can find a fix.

Acer2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get a message that reads: "You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again." I used to operate Arlo through my computer but now I cannot. I looked at the bottom of my Arlo base and it smelled like burnt wiring. Could something have burned inside the module?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While anything is possible, that's not the root of the "different tab" issue. Have you cleared the Arlo cookies from your browser?