Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Safari browser-unable to log into My Arlo website

Discussion stats
MaxPowers
Guide
Guide

Recently (w/in past week) I noticed I'm unable to log into "My Arlo" website while using Safari web browser.  The website only displays the arlo bird, and no login option.  Anyone else have this problem, or know of a solution?

Tried Google Chrome and it works fine.

55 REPLIES 55
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the system works fine on Chrome... then your FLASH settings in Safari are no good

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MaxPowers
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the response.  Thought the same and already tried updating Flash but it didn't fix the problem.  Updated again after reading your post, again, no change.  Did Netgear make a change/update w/in the past 5 days to the login page/website?

MaxPowers
Guide
Guide

Double checked via Adobe website and it is showing I have the latest Flash player installed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

No changes have been made to the login page. This sounds like a problem with your Safari browser. Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

JamesC

MaxPowers
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the response.  Cleared all cookies and website data in Safari, same problem.....  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe restarting the computer would help.

RidePolaris
Tutor
Tutor

I have been having the same problem all week. Support was no help! Has anyone found a solution yet?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RidePolaris,

Do you see the same behavior if you use a different browser (Chrome, Firefox,etc.)?

JamesC

MaxPowers
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the responses.  I have the latest Adobe Flash installed per the Adobe website checker, and I can see the "moving clouds" in their Flash test example.  Restarting the computer changes nothing.

Frustrated by yet another Arlo gremlin....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or Safari or computer or...

RidePolaris
Tutor
Tutor

It is not working in firefox but will work in google Chrome. I use Safari and would really like to go back to using just one browser. The support help has been worthless. They don't sound very knowledgable. 

1skigal
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue exactly! I've contacted Support, but they were not helpful. Don't know what to do.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're not having the issue with other browsers, this points to an issue with the browser being used (in this case Safari). Commonly, this is due to Flash being either out dated or disabled or browser level security settings that are conflicting with Arlo.

JamesC

MaxPowers
Guide
Guide

JamesC:  Thanks for the response(s).  While using Safari I do not have any problems viewing the numerous other websites I visit daily (news, banking, entertainment, etc.).  I only have problems with the "My Arlo" website.  This issue surfaced recently, within the past two weeks, and previously I had no problem using the website.  My Flash is up to date (per Adobe Flash checker, and other Flash enabled websites), I cleared my browser cache (cookies, etc), and I restarted my computer but the problem persists.  To me it sounds like an Arlo problem, and I'm not alone.  

RidePolaris
Tutor
Tutor

Same steps have been done here! 😞 Flash is current. Wondering if I should have bought different cameras with better support at this point. Sigh......

No resolve and again support is still useless. 

MorelliFamily
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this issue. Has anyone found a resolution? 
OS X 10.11.6 / Safari 9.1.2 / Flash 26.0.0.137 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic. I will post an update when I have more information.

I recommend users experiencing an issue with Safari to use Chrome or Firefox as a workaround.

JamesC

SJW1965
Initiate
Initiate

Yes Same here, turned computer on after the weekend and nothing, just get the Arlo bird with the wings undulating! My system is completely up to date re browser (Safari and Adobe flashplayer) so it does seem that there is a problem with something at Netgears end.

Come on folks, look into it and let us know if you are on it.......

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here. 

MOTODAN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I CANNOT ACCESS MY CAMERA SYSTEM VIA MY LAPTOP WHEN I GO TO THE WEBSITE IT JUST GIVES ME AN ARLO LOGO AND NO ABILITY TO LOGIN I AM USIN A MAC WITH SAFARI 9.1.2

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Use Chrome or Firefox

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those having an issue with Safari, take a look at this article outlining how to enable flash player. Please let me know if this resolves the issue: Enabling Flash Player on Safari

JamesC

mastcell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Followed all the moderator's instruction. Still the same. Arlo does n work on Safari! Please help resolve this.

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had this issue as well. I check my version of Safari and it was a version 9. I downloaded Safari 11.0 for OS X 10.11 El Capitan and the issue is resolved. You still must open preferences and click the websites tab, click Adobe Flash on the left and choose on:
http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/61/53/031-98377/ao3e0s3d4tkttp2rbhaj94ikjg4g1dqpif/Safari11...